08-28-2014 02:02 PM
41 12
tools
    This new company has started a kickstarter for a smartwatch for WP, Android and iOS.. AGENT: The World's Smartest Watch by Secret Labs + House of Horology — Kickstarter Amazing.. I mean i want a smartwatch called AGENT.. Hey Agent 007 lol that will be cool.. Hope you support it too..
    05-21-2013 06:33 PM
    Yeah looks great and I have wanted one that not only connects to WP8 but charge via Qi chargers. I am just not into the whole kickstarter thing. Kind of don't trust it but that's just me.
    05-21-2013 06:41 PM
    sounds good, I pledge $1 lol, dont wanna get burned like I did with the pebble watch and plus we are expecting apple, samsung and google to come out with one soon
    05-21-2013 09:08 PM
    sounds good, I pledge $1 lol, dont wanna get burned like I did with the pebble watch and plus we are expecting apple, samsung and google to come out with one soon
    what happened with your pebble?
    05-21-2013 09:14 PM
    I was debating on pledging enough to get a watch, but other companies are coming out with smart watches. So, I'll pick from the options. :)

The AGENT watch is very nice and looks promising though.
    05-22-2013 12:03 AM
    really? i personally think Smartwatch is the lamest idea...i have no understanding of why people want one.
    squire777 and 5150 Joker like this.
    05-22-2013 09:42 AM
    I would say that I like the idea of a companion watch. If I'm in Court I can leave my phone in my briefcase or in my coat and if I get a call or notification I can look at my watch an d the Judges will think nothing of it I can pull my phone out without drawing attention to myself and the wrath of the Judge or Bailiff will not occur! That and the fact that I am used to wearing a watch but have been trying without a whole lot of success to quit wearing one
    Last edited by jfa1; 05-22-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    05-22-2013 09:57 AM
    Yeah looks great and I have wanted one that not only connects to WP8 but charge via Qi chargers. I am just not into the whole kickstarter thing. Kind of don't trust it but that's just me.
    What don't you trust about it?

really? i personally think Smartwatch is the lamest idea...i have no understanding of why people want one.
    So why come to the thread and post?
    05-22-2013 10:05 AM
    I would say that I like the idea of a companion watch. If I'm in Court I can leave my phone in my briefcase or in my coat and if I get a call or notification I can look at my watch an d the Judges will think nothing of it I can pull my phone out without drawing attention to myself and the wrath of the Judge or Bailiff will not occur! That and the fact that I am used to wearing a watch but have been trying without a whole lot of success to quit wearing one
    interesting, fair enough...i can see the benefit if you are infront of a judge and dont want to seem "rude", but you can still stay intouch.
    05-22-2013 10:28 AM

So why come to the thread and post?
    because im curious to know why people want one. maybe my statement sounded rude...but i just dont get it personally. smartphones offer so much these days, how many devices do people need to carry at once? lol. Thats just me.
    05-22-2013 10:32 AM
    because im curious to know why people want one. maybe my statement sounded rude...but i just dont get it personally. smartphones offer so much these days, how many devices do people need to carry at once? lol. Thats just me.
    Don't think of it as a replacement for your smartphone, think of it as an accompaniment. For example, in a meeting, if my phone vibrates I can't pull it out to see who's calling - if the call/SMS/email/whatever is important enough for me to excuse myself and attend to it. This majorly irritates me and a smartwatch which shows me who's calling or the contents of the text would be very useful.

Then, I ride my Suzuki GSX-R600 to work and around the city and use a bluetooth headset (worn under the helmet) while riding. Now I can't actually take calls with one unless I have autoanswer enabled and that is not something I like doing - I do it only if I am expecting an important call. If I could tap on my watch to take a call, that would be immensely useful.

I would happily pay $150-$250 for the functions I describe above.
    chezm and badplanet like this.
    05-22-2013 10:44 AM
    Don't think of it as a replacement for your smartphone, think of it as an accompaniment. For example, in a meeting, if my phone vibrates I can't pull it out to see who's calling - if the call/SMS/email/whatever is important enough for me to excuse myself and attend to it. This majorly irritates me and a smartwatch which shows me who's calling or the contents of the text would be very useful.

Then, I ride my Suzuki GSX-R600 to work and around the city and use a bluetooth headset (worn under the helmet) while riding. Now I can't actually take calls with one unless I have autoanswer enabled and that is not something I like doing - I do it only if I am expecting an important call. If I could tap on my watch to take a call, that would be immensely useful.

I would happily pay $150-$250 for the functions I describe above.
    Interesting feedback, i can respect your input and reasoning.
    badplanet likes this.
    05-22-2013 12:28 PM
    I'm contemplating backing this, however, never having owned a smartwatch or Bluetooth for WP before, I'm wondering what kind of information could be displayed on the watch? I guess, caller ID info and SMS would be available. But I assume third party notifications can't be displayed like whatsapp due to the closed nature of WP?
    05-23-2013 12:20 PM
    I'm contemplating backing this, however, never having owned a smartwatch or Bluetooth for WP before, I'm wondering what kind of information could be displayed on the watch? I guess, caller ID info and SMS would be available. But I assume third party notifications can't be displayed like whatsapp due to the closed nature of WP?
    I decided to back it. Look at the video, it shows what it can do. I'm super excited for this.
    05-23-2013 01:12 PM
    How did you get burned with the pebble?
    I sold mine on e-bay for $100 more than I pledged.
    The AGENT should work on windows phone just fine, if not, it will go to e-bay as well.
    05-24-2013 12:09 AM
    May 18th, 2012
    My credit card is charged for the Pebble. I have an iPhone 4

November 10th, 2012
    Bored of iPhone, I buy a red Lumia 920 at an AT&T store

May 23rd, 2013
    I pledge my $149 for an Agent
    My gray Pebble has not yet shipped

December 2013
    The Agent arrives (?)
    Will I be bored of WP and have moved onto BB by then?
    05-24-2013 02:43 AM
    Looks fairly interesting, but right now we just have a concept video. Might buy one if the hands-on later this year proves it to be a good smartwatch (because let's face it, most of them are utter crap)
    05-24-2013 09:43 AM
    Looks fairly interesting, but right now we just have a concept video. Might buy one if the hands-on later this year proves it to be a good smartwatch (because let's face it, most of them are utter crap)
    If you buy it at retail it's going to be $100 more.
    05-24-2013 10:24 AM
    If you buy it at retail it's going to be $100 more.
    That's fine by me if it ends up being a good smartwatch.
    05-24-2013 10:31 AM
    I've decided to back it! The watch and people behind it seems much more genuine than a lot of similar kickstarter projects out there. They seem to really care about the windows phone side of support too and not just an afterthought. I actually like the looks of this compared to Pebble - understated but beautiful like Metro!
    05-25-2013 04:28 AM
    I've decided to back it! The watch and people behind it seems much more genuine than a lot of similar kickstarter projects out there. They seem to really care about the windows phone side of support too and not just an afterthought. I actually like the looks of this compared to Pebble - understated but beautiful like Metro!
    I got the same vibe from it all. I love how they treat WP8 as a first class citizen (their words). And it also looks really cool, and they are an established electronics manufacturer.
    05-25-2013 08:59 AM
    There's another new cooler smartwatch coming soon called Orsto X1, developed by a firm in UK. Check it out and you might want to support them! (i think they deserves more support): Orsto X1. The ultimate Smart Watch. | Indiegogo
    05-25-2013 01:06 PM
    I think this is cooler. Its the technically most advance smart watch out there! they deserve more support Orsto X1. The ultimate Smart Watch. | Indiegogo
    05-25-2013 01:11 PM
    There's another new cooler smartwatch coming soon called Orsto X1, developed by a firm in UK. Check it out and you might want to support them! (i think they deserves more support): Orsto X1. The ultimate Smart Watch. | Indiegogo
    Don't really like the way it looks, tbh.
    inspectorgad05 likes this.
    05-25-2013 02:33 PM
    If pledge like $10, just because I want to see this happen for Windows Phone and I think I would use the features on this a lot(wireless charging ! Nice !). Do you think they will around release time offer the watch at a discounted rate or would I be paying the full retail on it ?

($129.99/$149.99 is promo price saying it will retail for $249.99)
    05-25-2013 05:13 PM
41 12