Its kind of serious ... get some important apps in the store

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Listen up you guys,
As much as i am impressed and in love with my nokia lumia 920. I mean i love the UI , the speed , the browser and above all the lovely tile-like keyboard.
Yet, there is still a downside, you see there are always these new apps that become trends like instagram , snap chat , fun run , etc;
I am not embarrassed by it but whenever im with my friends who are all iphone users, honestly i feel left out when they start talking about it and i dont have it. So please please please , I would like microsoft to pay attention to the rising apps and try to get it as soon as it becomes mainstream

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Though I don't have the sort of peer pressure you do I do fully agree with you. It sometimes feel as though we're the poor third cousin waiting for hand me downs.

There is a good Instagram client (now free) if you don't have it already: It's here: Itsdagram Free now available for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

The lack of current apps continues to be a downside to the overall appeal of the ecosystem for others. I did go through the list of the top 25 iPhone apps on Mashable recently and we tend to have most of the apps (we lack Google apps and probably always will) but there are many up and coming apps which we will either not get or be last in line to get when they're way past their due date. Let's not get into niche apps as we'll probably never get them as the devs just can't be bothered.

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Listen up you guys,
As much as i am impressed and in love with my nokia lumia 920. I mean i love the UI , the speed , the browser and above all the lovely tile-like keyboard.
Yet, there is still a downside, you see there are always these new apps that become trends like instagram , snap chat , fun run , etc;
I am not embarrassed by it but whenever im with my friends who are all iphone users, honestly i feel left out when they start talking about it and i dont have it. So please please please , I would like microsoft to pay attention to the rising apps and try to get it as soon as it becomes mainstream

How do you know that they are not paying attention to rising apps? Because they are not on WP yet? That fact proves nothing especially as far as REAL Google apps. I would say that both MS and Nokia are paying attention and are trying to get the new cool apps as quick as they can but "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". It takes two to tango. And sometimes that takes longer than other people want. That's life. Patience grasshopper!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How do you know that they are not paying attention to rising apps? Because they are not on WP yet? That fact proves nothing especially as far as REAL Google apps. I would say that both MS and Nokia are paying attention and are trying to get the new cool apps as quick as they can but "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". It takes two to tango. And sometimes that takes longer than other people want. That's life. Patience grasshopper!

The issue is this. They want people to #switch but then don't really have the things that people want, meaning apps. WP8 is almost 9 months old and we're still lacking here and there in the apps department. There isn't anything aside from a 'great camera and sleek OS' to drive people to WP8. If you don't have the apps you will not get the uptake. Patience is great when you have the time to be patient but the simple reality is that the take up for WP8 is still pretty low. The app situation is slowly getting better but it's still subpar in comparison with the compettion. How do you convince to get people to buy into your ecosystem when it still feels like the developors are shunning it? Also some of the biggest names out there currently, Instagram and Google, are saying no.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
there are many up and coming apps which we will either not get or be last in line to get when they're way past their due date
I think this is the main problem with being a much smaller OS, and when it comes to social/peer influence it's a tough nut to crack. I don't know if there's a good solution for it either, other than making some sort of "point and click" conversion program available to developers. But that would mean also losing out on the OS-specific design touches and functionality, if that was even possible.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but you're somewhat impatient, like someone else said, wp8 is only 8 months old while ios and Android had more than twice our time for developers to notice their trends and develop accordingly.

i also wish we had more apps but i also know alot of developers are not making it happen.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
There arent any other apps I need from other OS's at this point for me other than maybe Vine for fun and even Android doesnt have that yet...

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but you're somewhat impatient, like someone else said, wp8 is only 8 months old while ios and Android had more than twice our time for developers to notice their trends and develop accordingly.

i also wish we had more apps but i also know alot of developers are not making it happen.
Windows Phone 8 is 8 months old, but Windows Phone itself is nearly 3 years old.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe you should convince them your WP is the one to have. Then all of you would be in the same boat.

Seriously, these programs will come; either from the direct vendor or a developer that brings out a very similar app. Patience my friend.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
may be if microsoft work their *** off atm and convince the developers by money or whatever to design the apps , things would be better. And dont blame it all on the developers. they need motivation too , they need a REASON to dedicate their own time to design an app for WP8
i love WP8 but i always freeze in an argument with an iphone user , because even though he has an iphone 4 whichc isnt even half as strong as lumia 920 , he still got the power of the apps. i never believed what im going to say but apps are eveything , a friggin iphone 3S has all the apps which makes it a competitor to the mighty lumia 920 . what a shame

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well, i believe the biggest gap left by Instagram was filled by Itsdagram: it has both paid and free ad-supported versions and this app is a full Instagram client!

what other apps do you need that your friends have and you don't? cause now you gonna have Instagram too :D

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I personally think this is an invalid argument. People want apps like "Snap chat" I mean really why would you send someone a picture that you dont want them to keep? If you dont trust them them dont send them a pic. And look how long it took Instagram to be available on android. I had an iPhone 5 and just got the Nokia 928. I had 88 apps loaded on the iPhone. I used maybe 10 of them weekly. All of which are on Windows phone. I find I am on my phone FAR less cuse of the live tiles I can just glance and go. Everything works SO much smoother than on the iPhone or the Note 2 I had as well.

If you want certain apps you need to go to these developers websites and let them know. Microsoft can only do so much, they need to know there are consumers out there that want there products. I like to do the windows challenge with my friends. I do things like ask them to go to someone's FB wall and look at their posts. Or like they always do Post to Twitter and FB at the same time. Or the groups functions to see a certian numbers of peoples FB updates. They cannot do any of these. Just cuse there are like 900 fart apps out there doesn't mean that have more apps just more worthless apps. I like my high quality apps.

90% of the apps in the iOS and Android stores are for kids/teenagers. Let's all grow up and use the more adult apps.

Ok off my soap box

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This. Again?!

uYWfftg.gif

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you want certain apps you need to go to these developers websites and let them know

This has been proven not to work at all. Nokia release that app for Instagram and word is now that it's nowhere in sight.

90% of the apps in the iOS and Android stores are for kids/teenagers. Let's all grow up and use the more adult apps.

I have to say I don't agree with this statement at all. It's not only about 'popular' apps but about apps people want. Some of those can be niche and specialized which WP lacks because every niche app is made for Apple first maybe Android second and then stops. This is the cycle we have currently.

Also we're missing freaking bank apps ffs!

I'm tired of people saying to be patient. Technology isn't a patient field and consumers are fickle. Slow and measured is a nice idea but doesn't really work in the mobile industry where the competition is miles ahead.

Tommy Rayburn

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you know what Apple users were saying to Android only two years ago? You have no apps!

It will come as long as the market share increases any at all.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure your friends don't care if you have this or that App, at least they shouldn't.

Feeling left out and insecure over not being able to talk about Apps..well, that's probably the real issue that needs looking at.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Do people honestly sit around and talk/debate about phones and apps with their friends?

Probably not. It's more of your friends doing things on their phones that you can't. I'm not personally in that position it's more annoyance to me when I see apps on iPhones or Android that I would like to have because it would be useful for me and I know that they may never come to this platform.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Almost every organization nowadays has an Android and iOS app. Some will also have a BlackBerry or Windows Phone app. But almost no-one has an app for all four. If Microsoft wants Windows Phone usage to grow it has to make it easier for developers to create apps and get apps them to market. This is how Android went from 3% to 30% between July, 2009 and December, 2010.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo