Outlook error 85010014

JOPEZAHR

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As of yesterday, I do not receive any new emails on my main email, which also happens to be my Microsoft account.

The exact error can be found in the screenshot.
wp_ss_20130522_0001[1].png

I've checked out the internet and this forum with this exact code.
I found several things mentioning ActiveSync and Exchange, thing is, it is my Outlook.com email address, so that connection is not really logic to me.

At another topic someone said to remove/delete your account, but is that even possible, without resetting your phone? Another thing I found while looking for the right answer to fix this issue, was that Microsoft is aware that some customers are experiencing some issues. This was as of May 21, which could be the whole problem I?m having at the moment.

I have had this issue before, I'm pretty sure I did a reset, but I can't really remember.

So, in short, how do I fix this?

Alex

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll see if I can help here.

I did check for outages and found a site - isitdownrightnow.com aside from the mistake of having comments allowed, you find out there's a lot of dumb people in the world. There's still people who think Bill Gates is CEO of Microsoft for example, it's been 13 years, I guess information filters slow to some?

Anyway, the comments did help in that there does appear to be people having similar issues as yourself.

So my question is have you check to see if you can log into your account online? If you can then obviously there's some setting that's incorrect for the email on your phone. If not then there's an issue with Outlook.

Also, no you cannot delete your MS email account without doing a reset.

Check your settings in your email - Setting -> email+accounts ->Microsoft Account -> Server (at the bottom) should be m.hotmail.com or bay-m.hotmail.com

JOPEZAHR

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

I'm able to login at Outlook.com, so no problem there. The mail app in Windows 8 works as well.

I checked the settings and it was neither one of them, it was dub-m.hotmail.com. But I highly doubt if that's it, because when I log in to my outlook account online, it also says https://dubxxx.hotmail.com. Changing it to one of the given addresses, does not affect the problem.

Davido

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem since Monday 10th of June, 2013. How can I solve this without resetting my phone?

My server setting was dub-m.hotmail.com

I have already tried the following ones, but it still doesn't work.
m.hotmail.com or bay-m.hotmail.com

Please help!

Much appreciated.

Emlyn Williams

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same error two days ago. I guessed something had changed but didn't figure it out immediately. I was prompted to change my Outlook password on my laptop which I did but hadn't realised that I needed to update to the same password on my Lumia 820 phone.

James Thompson9

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
yeah i have just had the same problem, for no reason, phone worked fine like this for 18 months from new, now suddenly decided it wont co-operate with emails and online solution appears to be a "hard reset" / restore factory settings on phone loosing all photos and contacts etc which is unacceptable., Microsoft better come up with a fix or they can provide me with a brand new bloody phone, im fuming

LeZooz

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I had this start last night & it was right after I'd just received an email :shocked:m. I've just completed a hard reset & luckily my most recent backup was only 4days old :smile: so all OK :wink: & yes this has fixed the problem.
Like others have said, check your email account on a computer, before thinking the worst about the entire account itself :asleep:

I know it's a right nuisance of a fix method, but it works & makes you realise how important these backups are, baring in mind its all a pretty much free service

M

gacixi

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem and its looking like a lot of people are today and last night specifically so I went on the aforementioned isitdownrightnow.com and found the server in the error code is indeed down so maybe have a little patience before nuking your phones people.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
A phone hard reset is not going to fix the problem with Microsoft's servers.
Wait it out.
Check out the other threads on the subject or Microsoft's status page.

nyxem

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Looks like many of us are having the same issue.
No need to hard reset the phone. Just change the password of your hotmail/outlook account from PC and wait for some time (I did it in the middle of the night). Make sure you are connected to internet. After a while, you will be prompted to enter correct password. Put the correct one and you are done. Microsoft servers are continuously trying to sync your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05