Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. ale2999's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
       #1  
    Hey everyone,

    I was wondering if you know if it is possible to receive a gif in an sms and have it be animated.
    IOS can definitely do this however I am wondering if this functionality exist in WP8 (Lumia 920)

    Thanks for your input!
  2. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,982 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #2  
    Windows Phone does not support viewing animated gif in SMS or email.

    The only way to create your own animated gif is Cinemagraph if you have a Nokia device.
  3. WP8Expert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    273 Posts
    #3  
    Windows Phone does not support saving Animated GIFs. You can view them via IE though
    Hit the "thanks" button if you thought the post above was helpful!

    [HR][/HR]
    Current Device:

    Samsung ATIV S GT-I8370
    OS: 8.0.10512.142
    Firmware: 2424.12.12.3
    ROM: UK OPEN
    Network: StarHub
    Dev Unlocked: ✔
  4. LMKz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ale2999 View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I was wondering if you know if it is possible to receive a gif in an sms and have it be animated.
    IOS can definitely do this however I am wondering if this functionality exist in WP8 (Lumia 920)

    Thanks for your input!
    Save to your Picture Library, then use this app to view.
  5. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LMKz View Post
    Save to your Picture Library, then use this app to view.
    But will we be able to send gifs in SMS?
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  6. link68759's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    601 Posts
    #6  
    If you saved the gif through internet explorer, then yes you can send them over *MMS*. SMS doesn't support images.

    Third party apps can only write jpgs to the picture library, so saving pictures is best done through internet explorer.
  7. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by link68759 View Post
    If you saved the gif through internet explorer, then yes you can send them over *MMS*. SMS doesn't support images.

    Third party apps can only write jpgs to the picture library, so saving pictures is best done through internet explorer.
    So if I bing a gif, open it, and save it (using the program in this topic), I can use it to send gifs?
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  8. link68759's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    601 Posts
    #8  
    As I said, you *can only save it with internet explorer*.



    The app LMKz made just allows you to view saved GIFs.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM
  2. GIF of start menu animation in WP8
    By VagrantWade in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 07:26 PM
  3. Question about smilies in messages. (sms, IM)
    By Blacklac in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 02:21 PM
  4. Downloading pictures sent in an sms
    By Coolaaron88 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions