Vote for the best driving keyboard, Swype.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You might want to stop then.... it's dangerous!

Swype would be cool on WP however, the WP keyboard is very good compared to others mind you.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Have we done it? Yes. Should it be done? No.

Although, I've been sending texts using the "speak" function lately and I can't believe how accurate it has become. I've even started using it while sitting at my desk. Why use ANY keyboard if you don't have to?!?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
We all know we still do it, might as well do it slightly more safely.

The ONLY way to do it more safely is not to do it at all.

That said, I would love to have the Swype keyboard available for WP8. IMO it's the best keyboard there is for phones.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I dunno about driving while texting, but the old T9 candybar phones were pretty good for typing without looking.

This ^ . While I no longer support texting and driving I will say that it was much easier on a candybar keypad with T9. The Sony Ericsson K750i and K850i were among the best phones I ever owned:
sony-ericsson-k850i-review.jpg
k850i, amazing for the text while drive....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Although, I've been sending texts using the "speak" function lately and I can't believe how accurate it has become. I've even started using it while sitting at my desk. Why use ANY keyboard if you don't have to?!?

Exactly. And the more you use it, the more it learns you, and the more accurate it gets. I say this as a Windows Phone user for more than two years.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
so no swyping while driving is the consensus, y'all must be a bunch of liars. dont tell me you didnt type into the directions on the maps while driving before.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
so no swyping while driving is the consensus, y'all must be a bunch of liars. dont tell me you didnt type into the directions on the maps while driving before.

Being normal, I set the destination before I start driving - the fact that you seem to be unable to contemplate that some drivers put road safety before texting says more about you than us.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Being normal, I set the destination before I start driving - the fact that you seem to be unable to contemplate that some drivers put road safety before texting says more about you than us.

Being a normal Windows Phone user, I speak my destination into existence. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6