Whatsapp update coming in 9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianloing

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm also waiting for this update and it has been a while now. I too have the terrible battery consumption issue with the current Whatsapp. Chatting for just a brief moment will make my Lumia 920 warms up. Then if used continuously, it will definitely heat up my phone and of course, the battery will soon fo bye bye.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm also waiting for this update and it has been a while now. I too have the terrible battery consumption issue with the current Whatsapp. Chatting for just a brief moment will make my Lumia 920 warms up. Then if used continuously, it will definitely heat up my phone and of course, the battery will soon fo bye bye.

Have you tried the app called "Stop the music"?

germao

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I really don't know what are they waiting for? It's so frustrating, it is the app I use most

Enviado desde mi Lumia 920 con Tapatalk

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but when you used this app, Whatsapp becomes even worse to use, and notifications are received hours, if not days, after they should.

Phani Chandra

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you use Whatsapp as the primary app for communication, you'd know the pain .. i am kinda stuck with WP now as i cant seem to find a buyer for my phone and i cant afford a new phone from my pocket at the moment :)

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you use Whatsapp as the primary app for communication, you'd know the pain .. i am kinda stuck with WP now as i cant seem to find a buyer for my phone and i cant afford a new phone from my pocket at the moment :)

LoL. Micromax Canvas HD ftw....Ha Ha Ha...cheapo company...**** hardware, **** optimization of android...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Phani Chandra

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Try listening to a lot of music and use whatsapp simultaneously. you'd know what battery drain is:D If you pause a song in the music hub and wants to resume, it opens up Whatsapp. Beat that!! And the notifications are either multiple or come after eons.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Try listening to a lot of music and use whatsapp simultaneously. you'd know what battery drain is:D If you pause a song in the music hub and wants to resume, it opens up Whatsapp. Beat that!! And the notifications are either multiple or come after eons.

I use the "Stop the music" app, wi-fi all day and my battery life is good. The only issue is the "resume the music", but I can live with it until next version.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

just beat that, music resume as usual. And I do not believe that music stream api is burning battery. After all 920 is rated for 6 days music play and my own experience it can take at least 6 hours non stop streaming.

But I do agree that it crashes a lot, slow resume, function missing and buggy contact list. That being said, it need to be fixed but please do not exaggerate non issues.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think they are waiting for gdr2, my prediction is that to fix the audio thing, microsoft added the required api's into gdr2. Ive had my 920 since lauch and while it was frustrating at the beginning because of the lack of apps, I can say that its been getting better in the recent months.

I've had the urge to give up on wp, but honestly when I use my wife's iphone it reminds me why I switched in the first place.

germao

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I think they are waiting for gdr2, my prediction is that to fix the audio thing, microsoft added the required api's into gdr2. Ive had my 920 since lauch and while it was frustrating at the beginning because of the lack of apps, I can say that its been getting better in the recent months.

I've had the urge to give up on wp, but honestly when I use my wife's iphone it reminds me why I switched in the first place.

I've got both phones and today I decided to give some time to the lumia, the whatsapp issue really annoy me, I think it's the reason of the battery drain. In a month I will try it again. I like wp a lot but there some small details that I can't understand (you can't save whatsapp videos, sounds, you are not able to customise email/whatsapp/SMS sounds, the battery life is so poor...)
So, see you in a month

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk

Yashwardhan Pawar

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
+ 1 for the delayed notifications issue....
No battery drain though on LUMIA 820.

I've had two wp7 devices focus s and lumia 900. whatsapp was never a battery drain on those phones so i didnt care about the audio API

when i got the 920, it was a different story, little chatting would drain 10% easily and then it wouldn't stop. Throw in the notification delay issues im thinking is continuing to try and retrieve messages. Sometimes id go in to check new messages and it wouldnt show, had to close out a few times to get it to show. I hope they fix this issue,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers