Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

And this the information about the update

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Im not sure this means its coming in 9 days, but I am waiting patiently, hopefully we'll get it even earlier :D

Yay, hopefully sooner rather than later
    Sounds like its been 9 days since the announcement but will be a little longer before appearing for update

The beta testers got new builds almost daily (see the pocketpc.ch forums for updates on every build) and it has been 9 days between the second last and the last beta version, signalling that it is in he final stages and that any current version could be a release candidate.

In summary: there is no schedule for the update, we only know that it is very near!
    lumiauser likes this.

hope so. The group notification is driving me crazy, I need to shut them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomanband View Post
    The beta testers got new builds almost daily (see the pocketpc.ch forums for updates on every build) and it has been 9 days between the second last and the last beta version, signalling that it is in he final stages and that any current version could be a release candidate.

In summary: there is no schedule for the update, we only know that it is very near!
    yes but someone confirmed that it will come this week.

Here's hoping they fix the battery consumption issues... probably the worse culprit on my phone
    barriesimpson likes this.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raycpl View Post
    Here's hoping they fix the battery consumption issues... probably the worse culprit on my phone
    +1

Battery drain is because of that sound api, with the new update they are removing that so it will solve that battery drain

Quote Originally Posted by raycpl View Post
    look at this https://twitter.com/_aka_P/status/339741906303086592

however the audio api is still used in the wp7.x version of whatsapp (according to the beta tester on pocketpc.ch) so the much better battery performance only applies to WP8 users

Ah! Finally the much awaited update! Hope the app will be on par with the Android's version!

I need this like a shot of vodka!!! i am pulling my hair apart to turn off notifications from Whatsapp. a group conversation of my friends about which color nailpolish to use woke me up at 3 in the night!!!
    ibbyj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phani Chandra View Post
    I need this like a shot of vodka!!! i am pulling my hair apart to turn off notifications from Whatsapp. a group conversation of my friends about which color nailpolish to use woke me up at 3 in the night!!!

Turn off means Mute, right?? because there's no way you can turn off the notifications even in android except you disconnect data.

Quote Originally Posted by vish2801 View Post
    Turn off means Mute, right?? because there's no way you can turn off the notifications even in android except you disconnect data.
    even in WP, you can go to the chat, hit group info and mute it for a certain amount of time.. am I missing something?

Yeah, pretty sure in wp you can do that but never saw turn off notification from group in android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So true. And would have removed it if it wasn't so important to my circle of friends and fam
    I wondered why my battery was almost flat after just chatting to my friend on whatsapp for a couple hours

That is ridiculous battery drain, if they don't fix it in WP7.x Im moving to another messenger app

Quote Originally Posted by Detectionable View Post
    That is ridiculous battery drain, if they don't fix it in WP7.x Im moving to another messenger app
    Am afraid! I believe Whats app would continue to use audio api for WP7.x even after an update!
    Banned

Whatsapp works fine for me already

did the app recieve an update finally??
  22. fs9

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Not according to its WP Store page.
    I'm eager to get the updated version, as my 920's battery can hold up from 6:30 in the morning to 11 PM on regular use (and I'm no light user) if I don't use WA. It won't last six hours using WA, though. Talk about an inefficient piece of software.

Any word on notifications? It keeps up turning my screen on to show toast notifications. I have a chat group with friends that can be talkative sometimes, that helps to drain the battery also.

You can shut down group notifications in the current version
    select the group, pull up the 3 dots, go to group info, under mute select how long you want to shut down notifications for, the max is one week, unfortunately can't do a permanent shut down
    Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    hope so. The group notification is driving me crazy, I need to shut them down!

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    I've had two wp7 devices focus s and lumia 900. whatsapp was never a battery drain on those phones so i didnt care about the audio API

when i got the 920, it was a different story, little chatting would drain 10% easily and then it wouldn't stop. Throw in the notification delay issues im thinking is continuing to try and retrieve messages. Sometimes id go in to check new messages and it wouldnt show, had to close out a few times to get it to show. I hope they fix this issue,

That update cannot come soon enough!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast