How to restore a cropped photo?

serdar3500

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just cropped a photo on my 920 using the built-in crop feature, but now the photo saved OVER the original. That is the most retarded thing I have ever seen. So how do I get the original back? I know it's there somewhere since when I texted the cropped photo to my friend's Galaxy s2, it showed the original as the thumbnail and when you tap on it, it shows the cropped version.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Any changes used by the built in photo Crop, Rotate, and AutoFix program will save over the original. I think thrid party apps save them in Saved Pictures...not 100% sure on that though. Do you happen to have auto upload to Skydrive turned on? If so, it may have uploaded the original to Skydrive.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Any changes used by the built in photo Crop, Rotate, and AutoFix program will save over the original. I think thrid party apps save them in Saved Pictures...not 100% sure on that though. Do you happen to have auto upload to Skydrive turned on? If so, it may have uploaded the original to Skydrive.

They'll save to camera roll, but all the ones I've seen will save with a modified file name, so they won't overwrite.

Stefan Cekanjac

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I know how to restore, you have to go to the folder where original files were when you cropped them. Go to settings and make sure hidden files and folders are visible. In the folder where your photos were you will find hidden folder with saved original also hidden photos. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss