Best Multiplayer Windows Phone 8 Games

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for fun multiplayer games for Windows Phone 8 (and Windows RT too!). I prefer ones with Xbox achievements, and I am interested in both asynchronous and real-time (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC) multiplayer. Something fun that I can play with family members of different demographics. For example, my Mom likes asynchronous word games, board games, and card games so we play AlphaJax and Wordament together. My brother is into more 'gamers' games, so we play Skulls of the Shogun and Rocket Riot together.

I convinced my entire family to buy Windows Phones (we all have Nokia Lumias) and Windows RT tablets (we all have Surface RTs), and now I want to show them how fun they are. But, from reading reader reviews for a lot of apps that I thought would naturally have multiplayer (Yahtzee, Uno, Risk, Monopoly, Bejeweled Live, The Game of Life, etc.), a lot of users implied they didn't have multiplayer, which seems really shortsighted of the developers. Any recommendations?

UPDATE: Since I haven't been able to find an easily accessible list of multiplayer Windows Phone games, I have decided to start a Wikipedia page that classifies all of the multiplayer games on Windows Phone, detailing the following
A. Type of certification (Xbox or not)
1. Title
2. Developer
3. Publisher
4. Number of players

B. Type of multiplayer
* asynchronous vs. real-time [pass-n-play, Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi]

Feel free to post in this thread that information for any games in the Windows App store, and then I'll add it to the Wikipedia page I'm creating. Then, when the page is more complete, I'll petition it to become a Wikipedia article.

Last edited:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been slowly filling in the Wikipedia page I am creating, but it would sure help out for others to post information on multiplayer games here so I can add them in m(_ _)m お願いします

moose9703

May 23, 2013
Visit site
here are a few i found, words by post, and chess by post both of these are cross platforms to android and apple OS phones, and i think the chess one also includes windows 8.. then there is king of the sea, a battleship variation.. i usually dont pay for apps so all theses are free..

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Multiplayer games I frequently play.

Chess by Post
Armed! (Think StarCraft)
Carcassonne (favorite board game)
Battleship
Alphajax
Uno & Friends

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My biggest disappointment is Shuffle "Party". I put the Party in quotations because it seems as if party would mean multiplayer. But if it does I can't figure how. What a great multiplayer game it would be. I love it except for that.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you created a profile and list in the Nokia App Social app?

I created an abbreviated list in the Nokia App Social called "The Best Multiplayer Xbox Games". I also made another list on their called "The Best Xbox Games by Genre". I still update this Wikipedia page as new games, particularly Xbox games, come out (there are too many 'other' games to keep track of, though, so I only do that as I come across them).

dineshchronicle

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone say me whether i will be able to continue from the same point when i uninstall and reinstall sims freeplay..?? i mean it doesnt have cloud storage option like Iphone..!! whats the case here...??

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone say me whether i will be able to continue from the same point when i uninstall and reinstall sims freeplay..?? i mean it doesnt have cloud storage option like Iphone..!! whats the case here...??

I don't have the game so I cannot check for your personally, my experience is that some Windows Phone games have cloud saves (like Halo: Spartan Assault or Skulls of the Shogun), but that the majority do not (like Carcassonne or Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1), meaning that if you uninstall the game and reinstall it, you have to start over, which is probably the case with Sims Free Play--but again, I don't know for certain. Sorry.

sri san

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
guys any multiplayer game with pvt host nly friends can join or invite specific ppl ? any best mp games on wp8 y the hell asphalt 8 dnt hav pvt host game loft is insane i think asphalt 7 hav that feature

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FraJa