Idea of mine! PLEASE READ!

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I have had an idea for a few months now about customizing you're Window's Phones Tile screen, I understand you can change the color of your tiles and even change the size, but do you think it would be great if we could put are own custom image behind are tiles, let me explain.

On you're Windows Phone you can choice from the background colors, White and Black now what I mean is on the home screen of you're Windows Phone where all you're tiles are I was thinking it would be cool to be able to put any image you desire be hind you're tiles, yeah you probably might not be able to see the image behind the tiles much but I think it would be a nice feature anyway, does anyone else agree?

( Sorry, I suck at explaining, hope you understood :D )

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There were one or two WP7 apps that allowed that. You needed to have an unlocaked device however. There may even be a WP8 app that allows that.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
This feature has been suggested several times. Official feature request on the WP website if you wanna chime in: here

Personally, I think a background as an image would be rather pointless. It works for windows 8.1 because there's a lot of whitespace surrounding the tiles and between groupings. That's not the case with Windows Phone 8, whose tiles take up I'd guess about 90% of the pixels.

Last edited:

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
This is actually possible in Laucher 7 on Android, and looks AMAZING.

For those that think most of the space would be covered up by the tiles, it had the option to set the opacity levels, change the color of text and the tile itself (color chart).

I remember having yellow tiles and having a black text on it. It looked AMAZING. White on Yellow on the Lumia is barely visible :-/

If you have a spare android you can borrow, DO check it out.

Thats what got me hooked to the wp8 concept, too bad wp8 has barely a tenth of the customization options :-(

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft probably worry about people going around with bright green tiles on a bright pink background etc and other people seeing it and thinking 'God, Windows Phone looks horrible!'.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more choice though, like being able to set the icons/text to black which would look better on the lighter coloured tiles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss