Windows Phone 8 & Tiered Data

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been back and forth thinking about getting rid of my unlimited data for the Nokia Lumia 928. I'm currently on the grandfathered unlimited data plan and hesitant to make the switch.
How are u WP users fairing with the tiered data plans? Do the apps use alot of data like the voice apps (voxer/wechat) or even Skype.. and do the live tiles and notifications kill alot of data as well?
For those that are on Verizon how is the data sense app is it helpful with the data monitoring and saving?

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I use my data plan for everything except big app downloads/updates (I consider big to be 10+ mb). I use between 1.5-2gb of data per month with live tiles and Skype enabled to get notifications in the background. (months where I stream more Netflix to my phone my data usage jumps)

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am on a shared data plan with my wife, we have 4 gigs. I usually use 2.5-3 gigs myself, with my wife using 60mb lol.

I do a lot of browsing and what not, I occasionally will run Pandora for an hour or so.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am on a shared data plan with my wife, we have 4 gigs. I usually use 2.5-3 gigs myself, with my wife using 60mb lol.

I do a lot of browsing and what not, I occasionally will run Pandora for an hour or so.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I use my data plan for everything except big app downloads/updates (I consider big to be 10+ mb). I use between 1.5-2gb of data per month with live tiles and Skype enabled to get notifications in the background. (months where I stream more Netflix to my phone my data usage jumps)
does Skype drain a lot of data? I would imagine it does....I got quoted for my usage around the 2gb mark I don't really stream videos or songs much at all I mainly use the browser and apps im just worried that the live tiles, toast notifications, and occasional Skype calls would send me over that mark....

i'd be saving money if I went with Verizon's share everything plans but i'd be worried about hitting my data limits

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire