Even Apple admits...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I was watching the show very very closely and the best part for me was this:

wwdc2013_0360.jpg

Right behind iOS/Apple was Windows Phone in a customer ratings. Now that is something. The Droid, though very popular (and equally fragmented), was behind, yes behind WP.

I think this deserves a toast!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think part of Android was blocked by that thing, so it was Android.

Now, I don't think it's really important for Apple to admit that WP is in 2nd, but when Google admits it, that will be the bombshell I was looking for.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
umm...i think its the other way round. If Apple admits it, its a big thing. Apple was the brand the revolutionized the smartphone. No full screen, multi touch, glass and simple UI interface before the iPhone that I remember. And let's admit it, it opened the damn for smartphones and wannabe smartphones post that. Same for the tablet.

Google is really just a secret advertising company (much like FB) that has one eye on you while you are going about, doing your thing. So, for me, when Apple said it, it was something noteworthy.

Also, Apple and MS have this love-hate relationship that makes it more credible. They are old pals who made it big in the same field and are now, due to circumstances, rivals on the opposite side. Google Android is just a cheaper alternative, a complete rip-off actually of iOS.

In the end, Apple and MS are both true innovators in their own way. Android is just that...a copy cat (Thanks to Damnsung)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
umm...i think its the other way round. If Apple admits it, its a big thing. Apple was the brand the revolutionized the smartphone. No full screen, multi touch, glass and simple UI interface before the iPhone that I remember. And let's admit it, it opened the damn for smartphones and wannabe smartphones post that. Same for the tablet.

Google is really just a secret advertising company (much like FB) that has one eye on you while you are going about, doing your thing. So, for me, when Apple said it, it was something noteworthy.

Also, Apple and MS have this love-hate relationship that makes it more credible. They are old pals who made it big in the same field and are now, due to circumstances, rivals on the opposite side. Google Android is just a cheaper alternative, a complete rip-off actually of iOS.

In the end, Apple and MS are both true innovators in their own way. Android is just that...a copy cat (Thanks to Damnsung)
A few corrections:
1. Android is more of a "rip-off" of Symbian and Windows Mobile (though Symbian wound up ending with a UI similar to Android)
2. They don't really compete in the same fields, in my opinion. Microsoft is more of a software company that happened to get into hardware, and Apple is a software company that happens to focus on hardware. Besides, Apple traditionally sits at the top of the perch.

Now, on to my stance. What I said was, well, isn't Microsoft in a thermonuclear war (bar court cases, of course) with Google? They compete head-on with Google in nearly everything.
And, in my opinion, Google is rather anti-Microsoft. It doesn't really mean much for Apple to tell Microsoft they're doing okay, but Google? They'd probably chase you to the ends of the Earth.

To each his own (opinion), I guess. Cheers to WP!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Of course. In fact, Google is anti-Apple too. It allowed Damnsung to blatantly copy everything Apple had. ANyways,that's not the point of discussion. The point is, Apple admits we are number 2 in customer satisfaction, and I am very happy for that. :)

Cheers mate!

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would hardly characterize that plot as showing WP "right behind" iOS. It's much closer to Android than it is to iOS, in fact they are basically tied. I'm sure Apple's take on it was that iOS rules and everyone else drools.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the problem with that graph is he cherry picked the "very satisfied" metric. I saw these numbers a while back and for overall satisfaction Windows Phone was neck and neck with the iPhone, just not in the cultish zealot "very satisfied" category.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Not to rain on your parade, but I don't consider 20% "right behind". I agree though, that graph does deserve a toast.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
WP is leading is many surveys.

Even though JD Power was awarded to Apple for 9th Time , Surprisingly Nokia came out second after Apple closely leaving Samsung in 3rd place.

Almost every Survey showed that WP is second or first in user satisfaction.

Note : Those % refers to "very satisfied customers" (if u look up "satisfied" + "very satisfied customers" , WP will be closing almost 80% of the gap between those iOS and WP % shown in Apple's chart , Apple is just misleading us as if WP customers are not satisfied)

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

"Opened the dam," my friend :)

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Android is a rip-off of Symbian and WM. But Sammy dows copy Apple in hardware side. I actually miss WM and Symbian days, they're really good with touch diamond 2 and Nokia N82. MS wakeup and give me some damn good features I'm waiting to pick up sexy Lumia.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

You cracked me up, seriosuly Damnsung? Whahahahahaha!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12