Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree23Likes
  • 11 Post By X0LARIUM
  • 1 Post By WanderingTraveler
  • 2 Post By X0LARIUM
  • 1 Post By WanderingTraveler
  • 2 Post By X0LARIUM
  • 2 Post By Kakes Kakes
  • 1 Post By trwrt
  • 2 Post By inteller
  • 1 Post By Sanjay Chandra

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    I was watching the show very very closely and the best part for me was this:

wwdc2013_0360.jpg

Right behind iOS/Apple was Windows Phone in a customer ratings. Now that is something. The Droid, though very popular (and equally fragmented), was behind, yes behind WP.

I think this deserves a toast!

Global Posts
    4,719 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I think part of Android was blocked by that thing, so it was Android.

Now, I don't think it's really important for Apple to admit that WP is in 2nd, but when Google admits it, that will be the bombshell I was looking for.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
    Technoloay likes this.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    umm...i think its the other way round. If Apple admits it, its a big thing. Apple was the brand the revolutionized the smartphone. No full screen, multi touch, glass and simple UI interface before the iPhone that I remember. And let's admit it, it opened the damn for smartphones and wannabe smartphones post that. Same for the tablet.

Google is really just a secret advertising company (much like FB) that has one eye on you while you are going about, doing your thing. So, for me, when Apple said it, it was something noteworthy.

Also, Apple and MS have this love-hate relationship that makes it more credible. They are old pals who made it big in the same field and are now, due to circumstances, rivals on the opposite side. Google Android is just a cheaper alternative, a complete rip-off actually of iOS.

In the end, Apple and MS are both true innovators in their own way. Android is just that...a copy cat (Thanks to Damnsung)
    Thanked by:
    metalchick719 and RJ Priest like this.

Global Posts
    4,719 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    umm...i think its the other way round. If Apple admits it, its a big thing. Apple was the brand the revolutionized the smartphone. No full screen, multi touch, glass and simple UI interface before the iPhone that I remember. And let's admit it, it opened the damn for smartphones and wannabe smartphones post that. Same for the tablet.

Google is really just a secret advertising company (much like FB) that has one eye on you while you are going about, doing your thing. So, for me, when Apple said it, it was something noteworthy.

Also, Apple and MS have this love-hate relationship that makes it more credible. They are old pals who made it big in the same field and are now, due to circumstances, rivals on the opposite side. Google Android is just a cheaper alternative, a complete rip-off actually of iOS.

In the end, Apple and MS are both true innovators in their own way. Android is just that...a copy cat (Thanks to Damnsung)
    A few corrections:
    1. Android is more of a "rip-off" of Symbian and Windows Mobile (though Symbian wound up ending with a UI similar to Android)
    2. They don't really compete in the same fields, in my opinion. Microsoft is more of a software company that happened to get into hardware, and Apple is a software company that happens to focus on hardware. Besides, Apple traditionally sits at the top of the perch.

Now, on to my stance. What I said was, well, isn't Microsoft in a thermonuclear war (bar court cases, of course) with Google? They compete head-on with Google in nearly everything.
    And, in my opinion, Google is rather anti-Microsoft. It doesn't really mean much for Apple to tell Microsoft they're doing okay, but Google? They'd probably chase you to the ends of the Earth.

To each his own (opinion), I guess. Cheers to WP!
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
    X0LARIUM likes this.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    Of course. In fact, Google is anti-Apple too. It allowed Damnsung to blatantly copy everything Apple had. ANyways,that's not the point of discussion. The point is, Apple admits we are number 2 in customer satisfaction, and I am very happy for that. :)

Cheers mate!

The challenge for MS is to reduce the 20% gap to iOs and increase the lead from Android..
    LeLee092 and Technoloay like this.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    I would hardly characterize that plot as showing WP "right behind" iOS. It's much closer to Android than it is to iOS, in fact they are basically tied. I'm sure Apple's take on it was that iOS rules and everyone else drools.
    FinancialP likes this.

Global Posts
    2,572 Global Posts
    the problem with that graph is he cherry picked the "very satisfied" metric. I saw these numbers a while back and for overall satisfaction Windows Phone was neck and neck with the iPhone, just not in the cultish zealot "very satisfied" category.
    hopmedic and hary536 like this.

Global Posts
    1,665 Global Posts
    Not to rain on your parade, but I don't consider 20% "right behind". I agree though, that graph does deserve a toast.

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts
    WP is leading is many surveys.

Even though JD Power was awarded to Apple for 9th Time , Surprisingly Nokia came out second after Apple closely leaving Samsung in 3rd place.

Almost every Survey showed that WP is second or first in user satisfaction.

Note : Those % refers to "very satisfied customers" (if u look up "satisfied" + "very satisfied customers" , WP will be closing almost 80% of the gap between those iOS and WP % shown in Apple's chart , Apple is just misleading us as if WP customers are not satisfied)
    morpheus1982 likes this.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

"Opened the dam," my friend :)

It's good to see WP 2nd.
    I know that this is about software satisfaction but this numbers cant be 100 % accurate. If u compare them with customer satisfaction based on the manufacturer and you could say that apple=iOS and Nokia=wp8 the numbers are quite different. Nokia scores 21% higher on average for customer satisfaction, according to online survey | Windows Phone Central

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    how is android copying ios? with its advanced notification center? completely customizable home pages? showing you recent apps? lol

Android is a rip-off of Symbian and WM. But Sammy dows copy Apple in hardware side. I actually miss WM and Symbian days, they're really good with touch diamond 2 and Nokia N82. MS wakeup and give me some damn good features I'm waiting to pick up sexy Lumia.
    Ambassador

Whats the OS that has 32% ratings?

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    32,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Whats the OS that has 32% ratings?
    BlackBerry
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    BlackBerry
    Oh, I didn't knew it was still in the game :s in Apple's charts?
    Good that BB still is giving a fight.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

You cracked me up, seriosuly Damnsung? Whahahahahaha!!!