FB chat suspected bug?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I had not been happy with the FB chat integration since WP launched in Dec. After a few experiment and comparing couple phones side by side,
Observe #1
I found that I you ever have facebook page opened on your PC, at least for another 10-15 mins the message hub on the phone will not receive any push as if FB or something in between still registered your account to the PC end instead of the remaining active device, in this case the WP phone.

Observe #2
If you switch the message method from say FB to msn or even text, it somehow works as a refresh button and breaks the cycle describe above.

Any one care to repeat the experiment and feedback the result? Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you get an update to the app? FB sometimes has a problem updating, and the best course of action is a removal and reinstall.

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I solve it!!!!

It happend to me that when Microsoft change from hotmail to outlook, I change my mail alias to @outlook.com. Since then, chat on my lumia 920 does not work. The only thing you have to do is enter your microsoft account on email, and made you primary alias the same one that you have on your WP8 (it probably will be youremail@hotmail.com).

It work's for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon