Should I upgrade to wp8

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Im in no rush to upgrade but should I wait or there will be no difference when I do it. Are their better phones coming out later in the year? Which phone is the best WP out right now and within the year was is expected to be the "best" phone being released? Price is not an issue, i would like to get the phone that has the most features. TIA.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Depends on who your carrier is. Some new WP's just came out on VZ, TM, etc. AT&T should have a new device coming out soon. PLaying the waiting game means you will never get a new phone as there is always something new in the works.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Im in no rush to upgrade but should I wait or there will be no difference when I do it. Are their better phones coming out later in the year? Which phone is the best WP out right now and within the year was is expected to be the "best" phone being released? Price is not an issue, i would like to get the phone that has the most features. TIA.

Depends what you want to upgrade for? Do you want the best WP8 their is as theirs a few out there ranging from the 920, 925 or 928. I tried to hold of for as long as i could but i gave in and bought a Lumia 620 at a good price, if you want to just try out the range of new features you get with WP8 then buy the lumia 520 great device at a great price.

binthham

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

That's always a tough one, since tech changes so rapidly. I suspect that next year there will be some really awesome WP software coming out. What I decided to do is get a cheap off contract WP 8 phone as an upgrade from my Lumia 710. Not getting anything fancy but I think it'll be a good stop-gap device till the heavy hitters come out next year. But that's just my take. Good luck with your decision.

nelsonecm

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea how to start a discussions so I'll write it here since it's almost the same topic, here in my country the lumia 920 came just the last month (yes, that late), I have a 710 and I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure if I should wait for the 925 or another model, or get the 920, I want WP8 so bad but don't know if it's to late to get the 920.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't sure, either, so I decided to get a Lumia 521 for $130 (at Walmart). That way I'm not risking a lot to give Windows Phone a try. I got my 521 yesterday and I must say this is probably the best smartphone you can get for $130. I'm quite impressed, so far.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Im on at&t and I do see that new phones are released every couple of months, just wanted to see if a new WP would be released that is like the Galaxy S4 or HTC one that are supposedly considered the best phone from that manufacturer. Hopefully soon ill go and test some phone out at different stores

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to add I always prefer user feedback instead of retailer feedback because the retailer will paint a perfect picture and half the time they just say things that they were told to say.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea how to start a discussions so I'll write it here since it's almost the same topic, here in my country the lumia 920 came just the last month (yes, that late), I have a 710 and I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure if I should wait for the 925 or another model, or get the 920, I want WP8 so bad but don't know if it's to late to get the 920.

The 920 is infinitely better than the 925. I'd definitely suggest picking one up since we have awhile to wait on the eos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon