Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1.    #1  
    Out of beta and free, Skype launches its video messaging service across all its major platforms expect WP8! Wtf! Hello Microsoft wee do exist yet iOS, Android etc get first dibs. Not happy.
    Thanked by:

Just saw that on another site too. I love my 920 but sometimes I can't deny getting left out.

Video messaging is not important to me at all and I will probably never use it but it's just all about the attitude here it doesn't feel good for sure.

MS OWNS Skype, yet WP8 gets left out? I don't really care if they are developing it until it is baked into future WP8 updates. It would be great to have them now instead of iOS and Android stepping ahead first. I don't mind personally at all for the function but it puts a really bad impression on WP8 itself.

MS hasn't really addressed a real solution for the storage problem either for mid-end Phones with 8GB onboard storage.

Pity really, because it's such a brilliant OS.
    Thanked by:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by uopjo6 View Post
    Just saw that on another site too. I love my 920 but sometimes I can't deny getting left out.

Video messaging is not important to me at all and I will probably never use it but it's just all about the attitude here it doesn't feel good for sure.

MS OWNS Skype, yet WP8 gets left out? I don't really care if they are developing it until it is baked into future WP8 updates. It would be great to have them now instead of iOS and Android stepping ahead first. I don't mind personally at all for the function but it puts a really bad impression on WP8 itself.

MS hasn't really addressed a real solution for the storage problem either for mid-end Phones with 8GB onboard storage.

Pity really, because it's such a brilliant OS.
    I'm the same i would probably use it every now and again its just the fact WP8 hasn't got it first or even along with the rest of the operating systems that have.

Their is apps i know WP8 users yearn for some i would never use but to see them in the app store makes me happy as i know WP8 users who will use certain apps will get it so all round the platform wins. Microsoft hasn't been doing itself any favours lately! Needs to become more active with WP8! Give the platform what it needs to grow!

I don't really need video messaging, but , it kinda sucks being left out AGAIN. WP is like what, Jon Snow, who is not allowed to bear his father's name?
    nithinkamble likes this.

Global Posts
    2,883 Global Posts
    Kind of makes it silly now when people say google and other devs are unfairly ignoring WP when MS themselves seem to hardly acknowledge it.
    Thanked by:
    tekhna, borasar, aafa and 5 others like this.

Ahhh... Not again. We blamed Google for not building native apps for WP, now even MS not building apps for us. (i read posts telling MS paying ₹100k to developers for developing apps for WP. Such a non-sense. They're not even developing themselves on the first hand :()

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Another reason ive been reluctant to switch over from Android - how can I switch if they aren't even developing for their own platform first. I will say this - if the 41mp Pureview EOS Nokia is released on Verizon, I will change my mind regardless of apps - that thing is BadA$$
    Technoloay likes this.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    iOS and Android are among the most popular mobile platforms and one can argue their importance. But didnt this app also come out for BBOS 10 or did I understand incorrectly. If such is the case, then MSFT must some stellar explanation.

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Even BB10 - which just barely got its own Skype app - gets Skype video messaging support before Windows Phone? Really, Microsoft?

Microsoft owns Skype, and their own mobile platform doesn't support the latest Skype features?

I don't care what the reasoning is behind this, it is utterly ridiculous.

Global Posts
    2,883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfangled View Post
    Even BB10 - which just barely got its own Skype app - gets Skype video messaging support before Windows Phone? Really, Microsoft?

Microsoft owns Skype, and their own mobile platform doesn't support the latest Skype features?

Didnt realise even BB10 got this feature. Definitely $8b well spent. /s

Don't **** Microsoft yet guys. Remember next week we have BUILD annual conference. They're saving this Skype feature update for that. Just got this information from my friend
    deepteesh dey likes this.

Yup. 100% ridiculous. I've already Tweeted them and left a comment on Skype's blog entry announcement. It is "under moderation". I urge all to speak up, so that we don't have to get an iPhone to get the best of Microsoft products.
    Sanjay Chandra likes this.

Maybe WP8 simply can't do it due to the way it's designed with the way it handles security for file storage etc? Which is pretty sad if that's the case.

Along with MS's decision to put Office on iOS (albeit requiring a subscription), I can't figure out if they actually stand behind WP8 as a viable product or not. These apps/functions should be exclusives, or at least offer much more on WP8 than on competing platforms, giving an incentive to buy a WP8 phone. Instead, it just gives one more reason not to. Bizarre.
    Developer

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Somehow I'm not surprised. After all the bad xbox one publicity, they throw in this. I don't know what my next phone is doing to be, but I know for sure it won't be another windows phone.

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vichuxxx View Post
    Don't **** Microsoft yet guys. Remember next week we have BUILD annual conference. They're saving this Skype feature update for that. Just got this information from my friend
    If that is the case, it's a stupid move on their part.

They should have released it to all platforms at the same time, or even released it to Windows Phone first. Their latest and greatest services should be available on their own devices before, or at least at the same time as other platforms.

Updating this feature on their own mobile platform a week later than their competition sends the wrong message to WP users and people thinking about making the jump to WP. Why get a Windows Phone when you can enjoy new MS products and services on your current device before Microsoft releases it to their own mobile platform?

I fully admit I don't even have a front-facing camera on my new Lumia 521, so I can't really make use of this feature anyway (unless I use a mirror), but it's the principle of the matter that really irks me. Is this the kind of idiocy I can expect in the future as a Windows Phone owner?
    Thanked by:
    aafa likes this.

Global Posts
    2,883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSo View Post
    Maybe WP8 simply can't do it due to the way it's designed with the way it handles security for file storage etc? Which is pretty sad if that's the case.

Along with MS's decision to put Office on iOS (albeit requiring a subscription), I can't figure out if they actually stand behind WP8 as a viable product or not. These apps/functions should be exclusives, or at least offer much more on WP8 than on competing platforms, giving an incentive to buy a WP8 phone. Instead, it just gives one more reason not to. Bizarre.
    There was a dev conference a few years back (cant remember where) and some MS reps were demoing a feature and made a statement - "first and best on Windows". Since then though WP has always turned out to be last and have the worst implementation of several MS services. Very disappointing and frustrating as a WP owner.

I fully admit I don't even have a front-facing camera on my new Lumia 521, so I can't really make use of this feature anyway (unless I use a mirror), but it's the principle of the matter that really irks me. Is this the kind of idiocy I can expect in the future as a Windows Phone owner?
    Video messaging is still useful on a phone without front-facing camera, since you don't need to look at anything while recording.

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSo View Post
    Video messaging is still useful on a phone without front-facing camera, since you don't need to look at anything while recording.
    True. I guess you could point the rear camera at yourself and hope you're mostly in the frame, hehe.

True. I guess you could point the rear camera at yourself and hope you're mostly in the frame, hehe.
    Hey, that's how people used to take selfies. :)

Ohhhhh I'm so raging right now -_- I mean come on ms you guys own Skype and we don't even get it first!?!?!?!?! This is really getting out of control..im thinking of switching already :'(
  21.    #21  
    More and more I'm constantly shaking my head at Microsoft just when you think their moving forward they do stupid c**p like this! It really does lead me to wonder what they actually do in their offices when WP8 is on the agenda mmmhhmmmmm lets skip WP8 for another day. Come on Microsoft I've had 4 people convert to WP8 and they all love it but it might be the first and last WP they ever get when silly stuff like this happens, hopefully they have some kind of explanation for not releasing it with the rest of the phone platforms if they don't will that will just suck!

I stop convincing people to switch to windows phone bcs MS does a very small amount of work to it
    Thanked by:
    Technoloay likes this.
  23.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by handisetyadi View Post
    I stop convincing people to switch to windows phone bcs MS does a very small amount of work to it
    I might have to follow suit if these type of things persist! -_-
    Technoloay likes this.

Global Posts
    2,883 Global Posts
    Has anyone actually successfully received and viewed a video message on WP as Skype claim you can?

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Has anyone actually successfully received and viewed a video message on WP as Skype claim it can?
    They never claimed that.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 (unlocked)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast