- 06-20-2013, 09:21 AM #2
- 06-20-2013, 09:59 AM #3
06-20-2013, 04:11 PM #4
- 225 Posts
- 06-20-2013, 11:29 PM #6
- 06-20-2013, 11:43 PM #7
The Not-So-Crazy Rumors About Microsoft Taking Over Nokia’s Smartphone Division Resurface | TechCrunch
Rumor: Microsoft to buy Nokia | Mobile | Geek.com
Rumor: Microsoft to buy Nokia smartphone division in 2012 - TechSpot
Microsoft is eying to buy Nokia [Rumors]
There are four articles spanning from 2010 to 2012 Every few months these articles pop up.
- 06-21-2013, 02:14 AM #8
- This article is based on a rumour that was birthed by an individual tech blogger, but that blogger offered nothing to back his claims up with.
- This article that does nothing but parrot the rumour just mentioned (see 1)
- This article is based on nothing more than the speculation that came about when an analyst at Danske Bank said: "a deal between Nokia and Microsoft makes sense". Nothing in the article suggests Microsoft or Nokia were actually planning to do so (except the click-bait headline).
- The very first word in that article is "Rumour", which is repeated throughout.
At least to my mind, none of that is comparable with the statement:
"last Monday, Microsoft CEO Steve Balmer and Nokia CEO Steven Elop spent the day discussing a potential merger between their two companies". Like I said, AFAIK, this was the first and only time such a report was more than mere speculation.
- By cayano in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 12-27-2012, 02:02 AM
- By mmaman in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 30Last Post: 10-10-2011, 12:48 PM
- By Drewidian in forum Apple iOSReplies: 15Last Post: 10-05-2011, 02:03 AM
- By ericreinhardt in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 12Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:13 AM
- By bassbum in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM