My biggest regret, I'm sorry

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Few months ago I got myself a HTC 8X, this was an upgrade from Samsung Galaxy S3 and before that I had iPhone 4 so this was my first Windows Phones. I immediately noticed the lack of apps in comparison to Play store and Apple App store; I also missed a decent lock screen in which I can open the app I received notifications from but I most missed notification centre which was very important to me. After few months of being with HTC 8X I sold it a week ago and got myself Sony Xperia Z. This was a big mistake. Without a doubt Xperia Z has far more apps and to a better quality, for instance the two most important apps to me are Whatsapp and Facebook messenger, Whatsapp is terrible on Windows Phones (this is not an opinion, its a fact) and Facebook messenger doesn't exist and I know some would argue you can use the Facebook app or integrated Facebook chat, but they are very unreliable. That said, Xperia Z and SGS3 both are not smooth as Windows Phone, they require far too many steps to get things done. The native YouTube app on android is slower and has ads which my mytube app on WP didn't. Live tiles are so beautiful without a doubt. Internet explorer is probably the fastest, most reliable, and simplest mobile browser I've come across ever (some may be shocked after reading this). Picture app is beautifully organised and did not lag (quod core processor on Xperia Z and S3 but they both lagged, S3's performance was disgraceful at times). Peoples hub was just incredible, it actually makes my Xperia Z which is suppose to be one of the most advance phone ever look dumb. My phone has a 1080p display in comparison to 720p on my HTC 8x but my god this phone makes everything look lifeless and cold, in my Pokemon wallpaper the Pikachu looks depress and in need of victim support, whilst same wallpaper on windows phone looked so vibrant and colourful (I know this is more hardware than software issue). I would like to just say to everyone who are thinking of moving to android or even iPhone, don't! If you all stick by Windows Phones then Microsoft and it's OEMs will work together with developers to give you the best and better than others, don't make the same mistake I made. Currently I can't move to WP due to lack of money but I'm making a promise that my next phone will be a Windows Phone.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Summary: Regrets moving away from WP8, wants to come back.

Was around my in-laws at the weekend. Father in-law asked if his Wi-Fi was working because his Android phone keeps loosing the settings and he has to reenter! Worked perfectly all my visit on WP8.

Android may have more users, but if they knew a more refined experience existed, maybe they'd move to WP8.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
lag was the primary reason for my switch, I get hyper at the lag on Android Phones. However I really like the Nexus 4, lag is minimal on it. However the camera is atrocious.

I hope Nokia and Whatsapp, whatever update they are working on, release it soon. Facebook messenger is pretty accurate on my device, I don't check Facebook messages often anyway.

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I like to take loads of photos on my phone, HTC 8x has a decent camera but Xperia Z is notably better, and I'm pretty sure 520 is not capable of producing images as good as even 8x (that said it's still a great shooter for it's price) , although currently I'm thinking of selling my phone and maybe get Samsung Ativ S which is priced at ?240

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I like to take loads of photos on my phone, HTC 8x has a decent camera but Xperia Z is notably better, and I'm pretty sure 520 is not capable of producing images as good as even 8x (that said it's still a great shooter for it's price) , although currently I'm thinking of selling my phone and maybe get Samsung Ativ S which is priced at ?240

well at least you get a profit ;-)

ArousedSpoon

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Having an HTC HD7 for the past 2 years with an upgrade coming soon, I've been thinking a lot about if I want to switch or get another Windows Phone. With my girlfriend owning an iPhone 4s, and almost every single friend of mine owning an Android, I've been through a lot of things that has made me question my decision. Draw something not becoming available to us until basically everyone stopped played, apps like runtastic being inferior on our OS compared to the others, and apps abandoning ship to go else where *cough* Carbon, Zombies run! *cough*. But I still think I'd be happiest if I got another windows phone and would also regret every minute if I swapped ships.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
No doubt a lot of the apps on android surpass the WP counterparts....LinkedIn for me is a prime example, its horrible on WP. And the lack of apps I want from android is minimal for me. With that said, WP surpasses on every other front and I would never go back to Droid.

angel51woo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I like my nokia lumia so much. I never want to touch my iphone 4s again, why? first, first is: the screen size is so tiny and color is not bright at all. I still use my ipads lol. NEVER WANT TO BE ANDROID USER... google? NO.:angry:

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I was stupid and made a similar decision to trade my midrange Nokia Lumia 710 for a midrange Motorola RAZR. Worst idea of my life. Windows Phone takes the cake when it comes to mid range, and my Android really cannot compete when it comes to performance, despite the fact that it's got a dual core. The grass may look greener on the android side of the fence but trust me... Once you go WP you don't go back.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree with what you guys are saying, I only keep my Galaxy Nexus around for a few apps that I don't have on Windows Phone but other than that it just functions as a glorified alarm clock. The main issue I have with Android is the Dalvik VM which is based on Java. That's the reason for the massive amounts of lag, even on high end devices like the international GS3.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Your obviously pretty young OP. Wait until you get a bit older. You begin to regret things you did, or didn't do that really matter.

Jay Livestrong

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Having an tf300t tablet i can state that android is terribly buggy and unstable, or should i say "badly written". Lagging with only 1 widget running and very few processes in the background while sporting a quad core cpu is ridicule. I'm looking around to making my transition to WP!

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently use both a Note 2 and a Lumia 920. The Lumia outshines the supercomputer that is the Note 2 by a country mile, especially when compared to camera, OS smoothness, and fluidity. Its sad that a phone is 4 cores still lags and freezes frequently. The only redeeming qualities of the Android phone its WACOM pen and its abundance of apps, although the mojority of them are poorly designed. Android is truly a poorly designed OS.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Your obviously pretty young OP. Wait until you get a bit older. You begin to regret things you did, or didn't do that really matter.

I agree, at my age I regret a lot more than what phone I might have purchased. But as a former work colleague used to say " You live and learn".

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
As promised I got myself a Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 925), I'm very happy with it and in hope that Microsoft will exceed competitors OS with Windows Phone Blue, like Nokia is doing with the hardware.

Miles of Lief

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I was stupid and made a similar decision to trade my midrange Nokia Lumia 710 for a midrange Motorola RAZR. Worst idea of my life. Windows Phone takes the cake when it comes to mid range, and my Android really cannot compete when it comes to performance, despite the fact that it's got a dual core. The grass may look greener on the android side of the fence but trust me... Once you go WP you don't go back.

Are you saying that if you get a mid range phone, then it will act more like a high end phone on Windows 8? I hope this is the case because I'm likely going to get the HTC 8XT from Sprint. But,,, I was really disappointed at all the negative comments about how poor of phone it is. That's a real bummer because I have been waiting so long and I really love the size and feel of the 8X. I really don't want the ATIV S Neo. But do you guys think that this so called low/mid range 8XT will actually perform really well to a guy that's coming from Android?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon