Tiny spec of dust in a vast ocean of perfectness.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It's an eyesore, it's the one reason I don't like WP8 at all, and it is one thing perfectly managed in the other OS starting with A (NOT the company that starts with A, the OS).

Memory management.

I love my Windows Phone a lot. Everything about it is just great. Size of the screen, resolution, Music+Videos hub, Office etc etc.

But, there is an issue. A very serious one.

Recently, Nokia launched an exclusive N.O.A.V 3 FREE version for India for a limited time. I couldn't get it, in spite of being in India AND having a WP8. Why? Low Memory.

I wanted Asphalt 7, as it is really low priced (lower than Asphalt 5) but I can't get it. Why? Low Memory.

Tumblr is a great looking app. Lovely Live Tiles, but...BUT, at a cost. Memory.

I have deleted a lot many apps as I don't need them anymore or were just plain bad. But it has left a permanent mark on the OS. It has consumed space which a deleted app should release when deleted. But no. I still see the app name, with the memory consumed. So, those bytes are now rendered useless. Again, the same problem, Memory.

I would really appreciate any help to free those used bytes so that I can get on with my life and get better apps. I am now even scared to the extent I don't download apps I know I won't be using after a while.

What a gorgeous OS, what a great user friendly UI, how beautifully smooth and fast, but all comes down to one very basic and fundamental flaw. Memory.

And no, I am not hard-resetting my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett