Upgrading to an Outlook account transfers all purchases from Live ?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Depends what you mean. If you're just creating a new account with your Outlook details on (as I did), then you have to transfer purchases, to which I believe you need an Xbox.
If it's not that, then I'm not sure. Could you explain more what you mean by "Upgrading to an Outlook account"? Cheers.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Depends what you mean. If you're just creating a new account with your Outlook details on (as I did), then you have to transfer purchases, to which I believe you need an Xbox.
If it's not that, then I'm not sure. Could you explain more what you mean by "Upgrading to an Outlook account"? Cheers.

I upgraded from Live.com to Outlook.com

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Did it create an alias or did it replace your main (live) to outlook with no alias? Because I want to have the outlook one too to ditch the 'live' era of windows vista, but I'm not so sure what happens if it's a developer account, like would I lose my dreamspark and that sort of dev stuff.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Did it create an alias or did it replace your main (live) to outlook with no alias? Because I want to have the outlook one too to ditch the 'live' era of windows vista, but I'm not so sure what happens if it's a developer account, like would I lose my dreamspark and that sort of dev stuff.

Now I got it clarified.

It created a new outlook account which is completely separate from live.com account (none of my services stopped working and also my purchases didn't transfer)

Now , I just created an outlook alias and that's enough.Now everything is fine.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Now I got it clarified.

It created a new outlook account which is completely separate from live.com account (none of my services stopped working and also my purchases didn't transfer)

Now , I just created an outlook alias and that's enough.Now everything is fine.
That's how I did it. I created an outlook alias, which i use instead of my old hotmail address.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre