how do you think the double tap to wake will be implemented?

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
However i am wondering, will this be implemented as a sort of "app" , ie. the screen remains on, black background with a clock screen saver
eating up the battery? or will the double tap wake the unit from sleep?

F

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have one of the Lumia 925's and the double tap is pretty good, handy for one finger when you just want to see if you have any missed calls or texts..

So far I haven't found the sensitive screen double tapping in my pocket just yet, so seems to work well!

As for battery life, I haven't tried turning it off, however my Nokia lasts at least 40% longer than my iPhone 5.. When that Battery saver mode kicks in the battery just seems to last forever :winktongue:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have one of the Lumia 925's and the double tap is pretty good, handy for one finger when you just want to see if you have any missed calls or texts..

So far I haven't found the sensitive screen double tapping in my pocket just yet, so seems to work well!

As for battery life, I haven't tried turning it off, however my Nokia lasts at least 40% longer than my iPhone 5.. When that Battery saver mode kicks in the battery just seems to last forever :winktongue:

When your battery does get low, does the windows button flash to notify you?

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
When your battery does get low, does the windows button flash to notify you?

Hmmm good question I don't believe it does, unless it only does it once...

However I do know if my battery goes completely dead and I plug it into charge the windows button pulses until the screen is on again :smile:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm good question I don't believe it does, unless it only does it once...

However I do know if my battery goes completely dead and I plug it into charge the windows button pulses until the screen is on again :smile:

Interesting. Does it pulse at any other time to notify you of anything else?

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Not that I know of, unless anyone else has?

I'm hoping in a future update that add something like that as it does look pretty awesome...
Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_253 using Board Express

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the video, double tap is pretty neat
the lumia 925 has a special display that uses electricity only for the pixels which are illuminated.

the other lumias 820,720,620,520 dont have this. the display is either on , or off. i am wondering this clock/double tap be implemented across the line

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the video, double tap is pretty neat
the lumia 925 has a special display that uses electricity only for the pixels which are illuminated.

the other lumias 820,720,620,520 dont have this. the display is either on , or off. i am wondering this clock/double tap be implemented across the line

I believe the display you're talking about is AMOLED. The 928 has it as well.

lewis0663

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Double tap to wake only.
I can't wait to have this OS updated soon. As promised this would happen early next month. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte