Bing Maps won't find any location

einsicht

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. Been following this nice forum for a long time but today one annoying issue made me register and post for the first time.
My Bing Maps on HTS 8s suddenly cannot find any location that I look for using the search option or in the directions window. Just "cannot find the endpoint" and that's it. It had never happened to me before. This is an extreme annoyance as I use maps a lot and have always enjoyed Bing on WP8. Any idea what gives? Happening to anyone else?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't find information anywhere about any bing outages or server issues. It's working fine for me. Maybe it's just in your area at the moment and will go back to normal.

einsicht

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Big thanks for your feedback. In fact it's a strange behavior. At the same time I noticed Shazam keeps giving me "no network connection" error even though I'm sure I have the connection, I can browse websites and use other apps with no problems. I'm wondering if these two issues could be related. As if the OS was not giving network access to some apps?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's your SIM card. Remove it, place a piece of tape on the back, and reinsert it.

EDIT: Just saw that it is an 8S and not 8X. Symptoms still sound like the SIM card, try removing and replacing.No idea if tape is needed on the 8S, it will fix it on the 8X. It's a common problem on the 8X.

einsicht

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Jhguth, sorry for the much delayed response but I went abroad shortly after your feedback and just now remembered to say thanks! The problem with Bing maps queries seems related to the network connectivity indeed; it happens to me incidentally now and I still have to try out the SIM card trick. I am pretty sure the SIM card connector is identical in 8X and 8S. Thank you for this suggestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb