Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By safeer2222
  • 1 Post By vish2801
  • 1 Post By JackMerson
  • 1 Post By Cubeddd
  • 1 Post By dkp23
  • 1 Post By Guzzler3

Nokia spain has tweeted that Nokia amber update is coming in this August.

image91.png
    Thanked by:
    Ishwarjeet Nikam likes this.

Ooo

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Sounds good, seems like whatsapp update will hit then...

It's about Spain not whole world.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Chand Darling likes this.
    To long to release updates ...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I would expect it on July. August seems a little bit too long to me.
    Gal Avraham likes this.

Sad. August is more plausible and I'm sure it's the latest time span that most of the mobile operators will be on board. From a few leaks earlier, it seems they would be pushing it out to operators throughout July and it's up to the operators how fast they will push it out the the masses.
    Gal Avraham likes this.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMerson View Post
    I would expect it on July. August seems a little bit too long to me.
    What? Its a month .
    Gal Avraham likes this.
    Developer

#@!$%&# carriers screw up the whole processes. I still say that MS screwed things up with the whole OTA update process. It should be:

Operating system updates: Comes directly from Microsoft, to the device
    Firmware updates: Comes directly from the manufacturer, to the device
    Bloatware updates: Comes directly from the carrier, to the device

Currently it's:
    Operating System: Goes to the manufacturer
    Firmware + O/S: Goes to the carrier
    Firmware + O/S + Bloatware: Goes to the device.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)
    Gal Avraham likes this.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    What? Its a month .
    I just can't wait on getting those new features. Right from the start, I always expect it to come on July. :)
    Expecting it in July...

Yeah, was rumored that they would start rolling out early next month. Well, there is no confirmation from MS, just wait patiently

PIN
    Email
    Oh well I was hoping they would hit in July as that would mean the phones to unveiled at July 11th, would ship with GDR3 (as that would enable 1080p and quad core) around the middle of last quarter this year. As announcing a dual core flagship for another year wouldn't make sense.. given most people are hung up on specs these days then again if a flagship with a camera array or 41mp sensor doesn't blow them away what will? lol. But who knows Nokia may have something up their sleeve.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Is there any way to find out the history of updates? I.E.-When Spain got it before/after us?

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmiet View Post
    Is there any way to find out the history of updates? I.E.-When Spain got it before/after us?
    There is update log for WP but it sounds like you are looking for an update timeline for WP not history. :P
    Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    For the uninitiated, what exactly is the 'Nokia Amber' update? What new features are coming with this update?

Can I expect to get it on my Lumia 521 if I haven't activated it on T-Mobile and have just been using it as a GPS/Music player on wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    For the uninitiated, what exactly is the 'Nokia Amber' update? What new features are coming with this update?

Can I expect to get it on my Lumia 521 if I haven't activated it on T-Mobile and have just been using it as a GPS/Music player on wifi?
    There's a few different posts on this topic. In short, Amber is a combination of Windows Phone 8 GDR2 and certain Lumia enhancements. Google it to find out more.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak1 View Post
    There is update log for WP but it sounds like you are looking for an update timeline for WP not history. :P
    That's what I meant, that way one could look and figure out that historically that Spain received a WP update "such and such" time before/after another country, to kind of guess-timate a timeline.
    ????????
    Developer

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    I bet it will be in September, at the end of month. And because of tons of bugs, they will stop it after one week and we will wait another 3 months for updated version. :)
    You should understand that it is super hard job to implement all of those features we seeing in GDR2! All two developers in Windows Phone team are working on it since January 2013! They also want to rest, so do no blame them :) We have to be patient and one day we'll see how everything's cool in the country Windows Phone. Lets say in 2015 :)

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Adams View Post
    I bet it will be in September, at the end of month. And because of tons of bugs, they will stop it after one week and we will wait another 3 months for updated version. :)
    You should understand that it is super hard job to implement all of those features we seeing in GDR2! All two developers in Windows Phone team are working on it since January 2013! They also want to rest, so do no blame them :) We have to be patient and one day we'll see how everything's cool in the country Windows Phone. Lets say in 2015 :)
    I see, however I highly doubt only two developers are working on it :P well thats how your post reads lol. To be honest I doubt it would be 2015, given how ios has now gone flat route this year (albeit abit of mish mash of "borrowed" features from different os's)
    Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    noone paid you money to rest, especially customers, who paid money to get the convenience from the OS. Basic features really take hard?

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Don't know weather it's Nokia, Microsoft or carriers but update seems like a long time coming. Long over due! Just wish there was a little more urgency on everyone's behalf. Maybe someday someone will wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manojkumar_25 View Post
    ????????
    ????????
    Lol i see wat you did there :P