Cant open MMS message on HTC 8X

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've previously never had any trouble with sending or receiving MMS messages before.

I received one yesterday, when I tapped to open it, instead of displaying the pic shortly after, its perpetually stuck on "getting media content, XX kb".

I would very much like to see what this message contains, but it hasn't changed. I've turned the phone off and on twice to no avail.

Any solutions you know of? Thanks

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
On my wife's arrive, she has the same problem with a message a pic every now and then. What works for her is to go to settings, then cellular, then turn data connection off then back on. Then for some reason the picture comes through.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you on Verizon? I know that VZW has been having problems with MMS on wp7 & wp8 for quite some time. That's why the group messaging is disabled as well. They're supposedly going to be delivering a fix in the near future.

Last edited:

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Tried toggling data on and off, didn't seem to do anything. Ill leave it off for a while and see what happens.

Rohanj- No, Three Ireland. Never had any issues in the past.

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Tried toggling data on and off, didn't seem to do anything. Ill leave it off for a while and see what happens.

Rohanj- No, Three Ireland. Never had any issues in the past.
I'm on three ireland and had the same issue were i was unable to send/receive mms. I had the correct three.ie mms apn in settings but still nothing. My phone is unbranded. Today after a bit of playing around i finally got it to work all i did was delete the mms apn settings that's it and managed to send and receive mms.

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I think what the issue is is that in the mms apn settings were mmsc url is its not retaining an impotent bit of info it keeps deleteing :10021 out of the url. by deleting the mms apn it uses setting pulled from the network and not the phone.

iridium1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Am running WP8 on three.ie as well. Can you point me to where you were able to erase the mms setting. I don't seem to be able to modify the access point for 3 Ireland. Did you set up a mirror, or how were you able to get it to d/l the right settings to get mms working again?
Thanks

jwang2007

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Just tried an advice on the Lumina thread. I have a HTC8X att phone, unlocked and use Tmobile. Here are my mms apn settigns

APN: fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC(URL): http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: 100
IP type: IPv4v6

I just changed the initial epc.tmobile.com APN setting to fast.t-mobile.com and all of sudden I can send and see MMS!

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss