I can't sync my Gmail account on WP8

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've a problem to sync my Gmail account on Samsung Ativ S, a WP8 phone.
Simply, it doesn't work.
I tried the 10 minutes unlock method of Gmail site, but nothing change.

How can I do?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Try doing a search on Gmail in the search forum area above. There are too many threads to list. Good luck and hope you find your answer.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
But I don't want to switch to Outlook...

You have no choice because Google discontinued ActiveSync for Gmail to **** off all WP owners. You maybe able to setup a gmail sync manually with IMAP. But you still won't be able to sync contacts and calendars. The default of Windows phone will automatically set it up using ActiveSync.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You have no choice because Google discontinued ActiveSync for Gmail to **** off all WP owners. You maybe able to setup a gmail sync manually with IMAP. But you still won't be able to sync contacts and calendars. The default of Windows phone will automatically set it up using ActiveSync.

What about a 3rd part app? Does exist something?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There are some apps let you sync Google Calendar using CalDav protocol IIRC. But Google is sun setting that as well. In a nut shell, if you have to have Gmail, better sticking with Android or iPhone (Google does have a Gmail app for iOS). Microsoft is suppose to come up with something (maybe in GDR2 update) to resolve this issue but we haven't seen or heard anything about it yet. On the Windows 8 (PC) OS, Microsoft did updated its Mail app to switch Gmail to IMAP but removed calendar sync and put the contacts to your Outlook.com account.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Simply, go to ettings - email - advanced - domain leave mepty - server adress write that one in the link - next - exchange sync - mark with one you want to sync (email, calendar etc) and finish ...

sorry for my bad english...

dgennetten

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the first of this month, I've had issues syncing on my Lumia 1020.
I have a many years old free Google Apps account. I think that may be the issue.
However, setting up as an Outlook account seems to be working fine for eMail. But as soon as I try to sync Calendar, I get an out-of-memory error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa