Poll : How Much do you rate WP8 On a scale of 1-10 ?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
the operating system misses some important stuff, like sideloading, i would love to see for example TrueCaller; showing the name of an unknown incoming phone! its a dream that will never come true.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
3/10 for me, lack of message tones, rotation lock, crappy and not enough apps, unstable, no separate finger sounds, cant switch it off and charge, no t8 keyboard, no themes, crap layout, no impressed at all tbh, i don't like apple coz of their limitations on what you can do but when jailbroken the phone is good. The wp app store is appallingly poor.

scourgev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
3/10 for me, lack of message tones, rotation lock, crappy and not enough apps, unstable, no separate finger sounds, cant switch it off and charge, no t8 keyboard, no themes, crap layout, no impressed at all tbh, i don't like apple coz of their limitations on what you can do but when jailbroken the phone is good. The wp app store is appallingly poor.

Unstable? In what way, may I ask?

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I get quite a few random reboots, random battery drains requiring a reboot, never happened on ios, i once had a tethered jailbreak on my ip4 and i went months without needing to reboot.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
What really sucks is i hate apples grip on the market, i really wanted more from wp but i its not lived up to expectations, i should have known from windows pcs that the os would be poor. Live and learn.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
7/10

Good, still lacking certain features but for starters has one of the most original UI's and fresh way of handling things

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
What really sucks is i hate apples grip on the market, i really wanted more from wp but i its not lived up to expectations, i should have known from windows pcs that the os would be poor. Live and learn.
OSx sucks balls, i have to use it on a daily base because of my job but its ugly, un intuitive and alot of apps crash for no reason whatsoever...

Also Windows phone is 2 years old now, iOS is 6+ years old now

It took them like 4 years to get notification center and only now have they refreshed the look by stealingReinventing how iOS should look

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
OSx sucks balls, i have to use it on a daily base because of my job but its ugly, un intuitive and alot of apps crash for no reason whatsoever...

Also Windows phone is 2 years old now, iOS is 6+ years old now

It took them like 4 years to get notification center and only now have they refreshed the look by stealingReinventing how iOS should look

i agree, i don't really like ios either but when its jailbroken it really comes to life.

xumit

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Exactly my points except theming and stabilty. I would give it 4/10.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of people are voting 8 just cause its WP8 haha

I went with 8, but Its more like a 7-8. There's a lot wrong with the OS, but there's so much more good to it that negative. I'd like to see them move towards the Win8 way of updates where the Messenger, people, email, etc. are all considered "apps" that update through the store. It would make it easier for them to shoot out smaller updates to those things without having to wait for a larger update.

There's a lot more to our messenger that I'd like to see done. It's a bit to basic now and is missing some key features that other phones have.

And of course better connectivity with my PC. I should already be able to share content from my phone to Win8 and vice versa. I'd love to be able to send a webpage wirelessly from my pc to my phone, or share app stuff from one device to the next. I've been in the situation many times where I'm in the middle of reading an article, and I have to leave. It would be nice to be able to share that with my phone and have it open right up.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow a lot of very low average scores....users that apparently own a WP8 device?...sucks for those, thankfully im happy with the device. It definitely ain't perfect, but I wouldn't consider it leagues behind iOS or Android...and I use both regularly.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
8/10

10 if they allow:
  • Custom SMS/Notification sounds
  • Toast notification replay
  • Music+Video app redesign
  • Color wheel/HEX codes for accent colors
  • A better TellMe service (hopefully Cortana fixes this)
  • Seamless Office documents management without SkyDrive
  • Fixing the API so we can send videos via WhatsApp.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
To add a positive to my poor score, although not about wp, Nokia make great phones, the phone lumia 920 is great, its just a pity its loaded with wp8.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
anyone from the windows phone team is here, people please read and fix according to what the community wants! not what you think is good :S

n3on

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Good with the potential to be great. The rumored changes in GDR3 and 8.1 would be a step towards great and I'm excited to see what they do after that to push it to excellent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99