Grey background colour theme in WP8

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Today, I was toying around with the theme colours on my Nokia Lumia 920, and I wondered: why do we have to choose between black and white as the background colour? What if Microsoft added grey to the possible choices? I decided to mess around in Photoshop to see what it would like like, and this is the result:

920collection.jpg

What do you guys think? Pretty cool, huh? Let's hope MS will add this colour anytime soon...
All the other theme colours with grey backgrounds are on my SkyDrive: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

If anyone wants to start a petition or official suggestion with these pictures, be my guest.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Grey doesn't look too bad actually. I like how the black background blends with the bezel though. Haven't tried the white one yet.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8 has lots of options and in 8.1 we can set wallpapers, too. I would love to see wallpapers in background.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100% with this. Its frustrating how limiting MS is with simple options like background colors. Why can't I pick individual colors for tiles? Why can't I have a color wheel so I can choose any color I want? I don't understand it, but hopefully they'll add more stuff in 8.1

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100% with this. Its frustrating how limiting MS is with simple options like background colors. Why can't I pick individual colors for tiles? Why can't I have a color wheel so I can choose any color I want? I don't understand it, but hopefully they'll add more stuff in 8.1

I think it's because of what Ray Adams said. If you have complete freedom with theme colours, developers might have a hard time optimizing the apps they make for every colour. I think it would be a nice challenge for developers though :) (Like how WPCentral does it: app colours change with theme colours)

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I get that WP8 might have different code, but if you had Focus or HD7 with WP7 you could dev/interop unlock it and use custom colors for tiles or backgrounds. And it never seemed to break anything. If you chose a weird color combo sometimes it would be hard to see the app tile or words, but then you just changed your colors and all was good.

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
My ENTRY level - Android phone had a launcher that provided me with such SEXY colour combinations.

Yellow tiles with BLACK text. Unlike white, which is barely readable :-/

Also gave options to set a background, and set a transparency to the tiles.

I was really disappointed and would rather the developers be able to SKIP my theme options and give us a damn color wheel already. I am BORED of most of the colours and don't use most anyway since I don't like them. -_-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3