No push notifications and live tile with Facebook app

tfiorito

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I have just recently purchased myself the Nokia Lumia 920. While I already love the device, and will choose it over boring iOS and Android any time, I already have some problems. These problems have to do with both Whatsapp and the Facebook app. While Whatsapp is pretty bad at the moment, and this forum is full of reports of the dysfunctions of this app, I'll just have to wait for the long awaited update.

On the other hand, the Facebook app has only recenly been released out of the beta, and while 'everyone' is pretty thrilled about it, I have one or two major problems with the app: the push notifications and the live tile. I have yet to receive my first push notification from this app and the live tile isn't working either.
I have tried all the common troubleshooting which i found on this site (removing/reinstalling the app, removing/reinstalling my facebook account, turning off battery saving, letting facebook run on the background, etc.) but nothing works. What I get out of this forum is that I am not the only one having these problems. I hope someone, who had the same problems as me and has managed to solve it, can help me figure out how to fix this.

MerlinJnr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I get a so called live tile that shows my page background and rotates to my latest status update. (that i made via the me hub, not via the app). I also get random toast notifications, usually 15 mins after an event, and only for day 1 in 5 events. So i guess the app ain't to fluid at present. Still, since I've had wp8, which is about 7 days, I've done all my face booking in the people an me hubs which ate fantastic.

jgore

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got the new nokia lumia 1020 and having the same issues. Guys... Its not like facebook is some app 1/80,000 people use. Everybody uses fb! Surely theres a reason this app isnt sending notifications on these phones. Why would any human ever make a phone that isnt 100% compatible with FB? Lol! Ay more suggestions? :crying: Help!

clivectmob

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC 8x and have the same issue when I have my 3 payg sim with unlimited data in it. It seems to work for about half an hour after each reboot, then whatsapp will say there's an issue with push notifications on exit and as it suggests, until I reboot I won't get any notifications. The data works fine for any other app though. The odd thing is, if I put my work EE SIM in it, it works fine. Really annoying!

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Try disabling mobile data and be on Wifi only.
Test if it works. Or vice-versa. If you're on mobile data disable Wifi.

There seems to be a problem with these two, when they are on together. For me, Facebook toast notifications started worked partially (I receive chat notifications) but the live tile just shows my latest update.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
From experience, I've found that even though WhatsApp tells you this, you will still get notifications. You MIGHT get a few of them a couple of minutes after they are sent but, it's nothing drastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo