iOS running on lumia 920 and looks ugly

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Since it is a static image, I'm assuming it is just a screenshot. Perhaps only the iOS version of that notification was completed. Though that wouldn't explain why they put it on a Windows Device, but nice to see.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This is so weird. It don't make any sense, wouldn't it of been easier for them to just use and iPhone running iOS or a lumia running WP8. However at least they're advertising WP and rather iOS than android.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can someone make a GIF of iOS popping up on the screen and then the guy's reaction when he picks up his phone?

I can't stop laughing. It's like he is disappointed/confused as to why iOS is on his beautiful Lumia. LOL

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the Government alert is to an iOS virus that affects smartphones.... That's why they are heading to shelter... It has nothing to do with the weather... Who knew that all iPhones are just infected and were realy meant to run a different OS???

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Given the number of Nokia devices in videos these days (TV/movies etc.) I'd say that somewhere in media circles is a post like "Use a Nokia in your video and get $10,000" or something.

And even the government film department is getting in on this action.

Either that or film directors are all thinking Nokias are the new cool thing. Which I'd totally support and much prefer.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Given the number of Nokia devices in videos these days (TV/movies etc.) I'd say that somewhere in media circles is a post like "Use a Nokia in your video and get $10,000" or something.

And even the government film department is getting in on this action.

Either that or film directors are all thinking Nokias are the new cool thing. Which I'd totally support and much prefer.

Too bad they obviously don?t feel the same about WP. So in the end it does no good.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
They liked the Nokia hardware but extreme weather alerts on WP is nothing more than a tiny little toast notification. On IOS its a giant popup. That's why they used IOS, cause its more obvious to the viewer that the promo is for the alert service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte