How many tiles do you have pinned?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have looked at this app but I feel like it just makes my screen more cluttered. If there was a way to do a double wide that was 1/2 as tall then I would consider.

I know wwhat you mean. Its alot of black space, and it does make your start screen quite long. But i think the final result is nice and ordered

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Folder tiles would be perfect. But great would be what Paul Thurrott on Windows Weekly suggested. Similar to how Windows 8 handles search, a searchable start button. When you start typing in the field it not only brings up Bing results, but apps you have installed and any other applicable subject. Maybe apps, music, podcasts, etc. in the phone store.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
While it would be cool to have it all in one, you can just swipe to the app list and there is a search there. Or click the letters to get a quick jump.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I only use 26. I like to keep it simple and only have stuff I actually use on my start screen.

2 large, 8 medium, 16 small

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
a total of 77 separated with the app "Group Tiles"

1st group of tiles with no name all basic apps: phone, social media, email, flashlight, etcetera...

2.- Travel (& Navigation) : scout, here, maps, gasbuddy, etcetera...

3.- Entertainment (music, games, movies & more) : music hub, pandora, netflix, redbox, youtube, flixter, hulu, dominos pizza, game hub, and more...

4.- News: CNN, the verge, gizmodo, wpcentral, Weave, more...

5.- Photograpy: Proshot, Ciel, Instance, blink, Photos hub, photosynth, more...

6: Tools & More: bing translator, Jack of tools, reading lens, WP Insider, data sense, web apps, more...

TraciLords

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm still adding to my Homescreen, but here are my totals as of this morning;
Capture.JPG

Here is a screenshot;
wp_ss_20130719_0001_stitch.jpg

I am loving WP8!
I don't know what the limits of pinned tiles are, but as of 203 there are no performance or battery issues at all.
Can't do this with an iphone or android.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have 24 tiles in total. 12 small, 11 medium and only 1 wide (calendar).

I seem to spend a lot of time trying to get the perfect formation though. Even when I think I've got it as good as I can, I tend to look at it again a few moments later and say things like:

"Actually I think this would look better over there...",
"Hmmm, maybe a row of small tiles would suit this formation better than a square of small tiles...",
"Nah, I can't have two green tiles next to each other, it looks awkward...",
"Nah, 4 tiles of the same size all together doesn't look right, I need to mix it up a bit with some smaller tiles..."
"Maybe... no, that's ruined everything now, change it back!"

Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999