Advise for wp8 in usa

avtoj

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
i want to do a birthday present to my parents but i don't know from which company: Verizon, att or .... I need advise please, they live in Washington d.c.
Thanks. I live in UK, so i don't have any idea how it works there.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Most likely they already have a carrier. I don't know anyone that doesn't anymore unless they are on a prepaid system. Find out if they have att (920), or Verizon (928), mobile (925). If on sprint, they're getting the HTC 8xt July 19.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If they are not locked into a carrier or do not already have one, I'd suggest Verizon or AT&T. They are about the same in this area (yes im in the Baltimore/DC area) Verizon might have a slight edge on coverage but honestly, between the two it comes down to the phone you want and the price you find.

avtoj

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
They don't have contract but their carrier is att. As i know they do p&g like in uk. Can somebody tell me call plans because on carriers off sites asking me a post code which i don't know

avtoj

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
If they are not locked into a carrier or do not already have one, I'd suggest Verizon or AT&T. They are about the same in this area (yes im in the Baltimore/DC area) Verizon might have a slight edge on coverage but honestly, between the two it comes down to the phone you want and the price you find.

could you tell me the price differences between those tow carriers on 2 years contract?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
could you tell me the price differences between those tow carriers on 2 years contract?

go ahead and use 20500 as zip code. That's the DC area. Its not as easy as just a number, there's a thousand different ways to set up a contract. For instance I pay $40 a month unlimited everything on Verizon, but im on a family plan.

avtoj

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
For 2gb shared data on Verizon i have to pay 40$ for device and 60 $ for call plan. In total 100$ per month. Is it normal in usa?

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I jumped on a family plan and pay 25 dollars a month on AT&T for unlimited mobile calling, unlimited texts and 200MB of data (I constantly have wifi). I don't think they offer the super cheap data plan anymore though.

Also know that phones come subsidized so that $650 phone comes in at $200.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For 2gb shared data on Verizon i have to pay 40$ for device and 60 $ for call plan. In total 100$ per month. Is it normal in usa?

that sounds about right for a new line, again I've been on the same family plan for many years so im not 100% sure

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For the value of $60, it should include at least 500min talk time, limited messages and a 1Gb limited non shared data. Additional 10 will get you unlimited or almost unlimited text. New activation, if any will be around $30, and also non refundable. Subsidiary phones will bind you into a 12-24mo contract. Early termination will cost you around $350 less $10 for each month of commitment. Renewing contract will save you around $70 from the remaining balance of the current contract or as the early upgrade fee rebate or as the new phone discount, whichever preferred.

Note that in US you pay both call and receive, apply to both voice and text. And the certain phone are specified to bind with specific plan(s).

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I just did it on Verizon.... Lumia 928 - $50, unlimited voice and messaging $60 per month, 2Gb data $40 per month, $30 or $35 (can't remember) activation fee - 2 year contract. Hope that helps.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3