Where (in the phone) to find app version number and how...

Knubblo

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
...to force and/or manually upgrade to a newer version? Question might seem silly but just today WP Central writes about Display+Touch being upgaded to 1.6 with new features and being available at the Windows Store.

1) I can't find the app at the store (maybe because its part of the settings app?!)
2) I cannot tell what version my already installed version is.

Any light on this trivial matter would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Knubblo

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is no way to find app version unless dev provides. But regarding driver app like touch+display, you can download a 3rd party app called lumia update or something like that. Its an app with quick links to all lumia driver and essential app in the store. You will be able to find these app and check the version number in the store page or even better provide an active check for updates.

Knubblo

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Looked around quite a bit but could not find anything. Also, I cannot find any Nokia (updated) apps in the store. It is a mystery to me. How could online Magazines write about a new update, name its version number and say it is available online to download? What tools do they use?

Anyway, I just want to make sure I have the latest app for Display+Touch, any help very much appreciated.

/Knubblo

Knubblo

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Installed the app and tried to install Display+Touch but I don't see the normal "install" button, only the "share" button. Assuming this means that the app (version) is already installed on my device (by Nokia updates). However, I cannot see any of the new features, screens, options for Display+Touch as presented on Lumia Pusher. Does this mean that I am still in the hands of my operator and/or Nokia as to when they feel the time is right to activate this functions on my phone?

Again, A big thank you for clearing up this little topic of mine!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I concerned, different model may have slightly different version. Plus somehow I assumed you have a 920, so that T&D version might not even applicable to you at all. Anyways, so far Nokia only gets onto the same page, which is to have both visible in sunlight and fine tuned the auto contrast. Anything else is only applicable if only you had the Amber aka Lumia specific GDR2 installed. Therefore currently 925 is the only model to enjoy those new features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos