BRUTE FORCE: How to Manage playlists and music

MistryMan

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone

I have been looking this up for a while and there seems to be no proper solutions, the "Music and Videos" app is an utter piece of garbage and Ive found no alternative 3rd party apps that do the same job.

Before I begin let me explain that THIS IS NOT A PROPER SOLUTION and it will takes ages. (for me it took 3hrs per GB of music but tbh I had to change loads of info not just genre)

Okay so now you can skip this paragraph if you cba to read it. I have recently (3 weeks) moved over from Apples iOS to WP8. The iOS music app IMO was brilliant, especially the playlist management. The wp8 equivalent is rubbish. I am having loads of trouble syncing with software like iTunes, WMP, MediaMonkey, MusicBee and DoubleTwist and using windows explorer isnt working

OVERVIEW: Use the genre category as a playlist. (this means you cant have one song in more that one playlist)

1 - download mp3 tag Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...) (Dont worry it is legit and the best tool for doing it, alternatively you can use windows explorer but this takes longer)

2 - Manually change the genre of each song to the playlist it fits into. With mp3tag you can change certain aspects of sever songs at once using CTRL+CLICK to select

3 - Format your SD card in your phone, manually delete any remenants by hand in the music library using the phone, then use WMP or DoubleTwist to sync

Yes its a pain but at least it works (a bit)

NEXT ISSUE

After syncing with WMP I have 2 copies of every song. every single song. And when you delete one of the copies (either the first of the last) then the other one corrupts and comes up with error code 80070002 "We cant play that file on your phone"

Maybe I should sync with internal storage instead? :S

help please :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa