Data sense Available or wat Microsoft??

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be alot of hate all of a sudden but they do have the right to be angryish, Data sense operates the same as on android ( not really but almost) you have to choose ur plan (not sure if this on android) and type in ur mb data.

To make this carrier controlled is pretty stupid if u ask me ~_~ most of us aren't in America like me. Not all of us are rich or have good carriers

The compression part is understandable that can be carrier controlled but the app itself can be released to everyone.

Data sense without it is not much of a deal for me, but third parties cant write their own apps which really is disgusting!!

Only carriers or oems can write such apps really Microsoft??

This is a basic feature you cant deny that !!

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
All i want is the app side of data sense or if Nokia could maybe make a counter agian that would really be awsome but i dont see this happening since data sense is there which is retarted since it will take forever to reach everyone who has a windows phone 8 device

bayern_tig

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree with you. MS have realized that and will make Data Sense available to a more wide variety of operators or all phones (not sure) in the coming GDR2 update.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The reason why the Data Sense app is restricted by the carrier is because they don't want an accurate local data monitor due to the customer being able to see discrepancies between what their device says they use and what their systems says you use.

Imagine you log in to your Rogers or AT&T account and it says you used 500mbs. Then you check Data Sense and it says 430mbs. Wouldn't you call and complain? I would.

I know, for a fact, that the data that your carrier claims you use and what you actually see on your device is different. This is because of how and where their servers measure data. On Rogers internet in my area, I know without a doubt that daily usage tracking from their end claims 30% more usage than what my Linux router says I use. Day to day I can look at the data values and Roger's data use always and almost exactly claims 30% more than what my router tells me.

I understand the technical reasons for this discrepancy but the carriers don't want to deal with explain this to the average customer. So they require the data sense app to align with their data so as to not cause a slew of support calls ******** about inaccurate data tracking.

Sad but true.

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The reason why the Data Sense app is restricted by the carrier is because they don't want an accurate local data monitor due to the customer being able to see discrepancies between what their device says they use and what their systems says you use.

Imagine you log in to your Rogers or AT&T account and it says you used 500mbs. Then you check Data Sense and it says 430mbs. Wouldn't you call and complain? I would.

I know, for a fact, that the data that your carrier claims you use and what you actually see on your device is different. This is because of how and where their servers measure data. On Rogers internet in my area, I know without a doubt that daily usage tracking from their end claims 30% more usage than what my Linux router says I use. Day to day I can look at the data values and Roger's data use always and almost exactly claims 30% more than what my router tells me.

I understand the technical reasons for this discrepancy but the carriers don't want to deal with explain this to the average customer. So they require the data sense app to align with their data so as to not cause a slew of support calls ******** about inaccurate data tracking.

Sad but true.

still doesn't change anything most of us only want like mb lockers telling u are using 1 mb or 2 like androids built in one

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Sad but true.

Yep. My data sense has been over 200MB shy of what I actually used before. Typically it's within 5MB but there are some times when it is WAY off! I guess Verizon is the only company that doesn't mind tricking their customers.

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep. My data sense has been over 200MB shy of what I actually used before. Typically it's within 5MB but there are some times when it is WAY off! I guess Verizon is the only company that doesn't mind tricking their customers.

Lol but i can judge how much i use even without a counter so that off thing is truly Bs.

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
So will all Lumia wp8 get data sense? Can some confirm on this? Nokia India doesn't responding . :|

well it seems unlocked phones have it and even how data sense works screams no carrier control needed but !! the data compression is carrier controlled and then goes ms servers supposedly all wat ms is doing is deliberately screwing us !!!

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't matter, it still comes down to whatever the carrier says. I lost that argument.

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
That's not true at all. My Nokia unlocked and unbranded 920 Dev phone doesn't have data sense either. It seems that initial offering of data sense is only for those phones on carriers that signed up for it.

It's no body but Microsoft's fault.

then how come some unlocked phones do have it "?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon