Battery showed empty icon and don't know what caused it

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago I had my Nokia Lumia 920 on charge, I restarted the phone and I saw the battery 'empty icon'. It was considering before the restart the phone had 100% charge. When I unplugged the device, it would show the low battery screen. I fixed it by soft reset and it fixed it but again today I had to soft reset it. Does anyone else have this problem? What causes it? Should I hard reset my phone? If it helps I have my phone on charge when at home.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago I had my Nokia Lumia 920 on charge, I restarted the phone and I saw the battery 'empty icon'. It was considering before the restart the phone had 100% charge. When I unplugged the device, it would show the low battery screen. I fixed it by soft reset and it fixed it but again today I had to soft reset it. Does anyone else have this problem? What causes it? Should I hard reset my phone? If it helps I have my phone on charge when at home.

Are you saying you are constantly restarting the phone to FIX the issue or that the constant restarting the phone is CAUSING the issue? [Side note, I have to 'restart' my phone maybe once every 90 days and by restart I mean it completely dies on me]

Are you only get an hour of battery life or something? Or it lasts the typical 24 hrs of usage, but it just says it is empty the whole entire time?

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
It seems to occur sometimes when the phone is fully charged and connected to the power supply. I did a soft reset and it fixed the problem. This problem happened twice. I wanted to know what caused it

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It seems to occur sometimes when the phone is fully charged and connected to the power supply. I did a soft reset and it fixed the problem. This problem happened twice. I wanted to know what caused it

But the phone still works and everything, the icon is just messed up?

Next time it happens...just disconnect the phone from the power supply and see how long it lasts.

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I disconnected the phone and it switched off, when I plugged it in to charge it showed the low battery screen. Only a soft reset fixed the problem.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I disconnected the phone and it switched off, when I plugged it in to charge it showed the low battery screen. Only a soft reset fixed the problem.

My phone does that every time the battery dies to 0 charge.

In your test you just described...you are saying you had a 100% charged phone, unplugged it, turned it off... Plugged it back in (within a minute or two) and the phone right away showed that it was a 0% charge [all black screen with just a batter in the middle with a red sliver]. So you held down the soft reset keys (while still plugged in) and it started up fine.

Sorry, but this doesn't seem typical at ALL...so I am trying to get really specific.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon