Weird Double Size UI/Resolution Bug

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
A weird thing happened to my Lumia 820 the other day.
I had just finished my turn in Words By Post and carried my phone upstairs.
When I looked at the screen again, the whole display was double sized.
I thought I'd pinch zoomed in but then I hit the Windows key and the live tiles were all double size (one medium square spanned the screen).
Every app I started was twice the size, it was as if the resolution had halved.
The only way to cure tit was to switch off.
I took some screen shots but they were all normal sized when I rebooted, indicating it wasn't a real display but some kind of resolution glitch.
I don't know if was caused by the app or something just went bananas.

Has anyone else had this one?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You might have the magnifier/screen zoom turned on in settings.

Go to "Settings > Ease of Access". There should be an option called "Screen magnifier". If that is turned on, then that is what was happening.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Robert. That was it. The magnifier has always been on as long as I've had the phone but I could never get it to work. I just reread the setting.. TWO fingered tap.

What a **** I am.

Cheers fella.

PS I've since disabled it and the screen response time is massively improved! Glad I came here now, I was thinking the Lumia 820 was,really laggy.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Robert. That was it. The magnifier has always been on as long as I've had the phone but I could never get it to work. I just reread the setting.. TWO fingered tap.

What a **** I am.

Cheers fella.

Glad I could help! I always found it messed up because even using it the proper way, with two fingers, I couldn't get it to work consistently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes