Why aren't phones getting data sense

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I wish they'd give out a list of which carriers support Data Sense. I'm beginning to think its a Nokia exclusive feature since I haven't heard of one person with an HTC or Samsung with it.

I don't want a list. I want an explanation! Make it clear how the entire system works and what parts must be in place for Data Sense to work. As much as I like WP, this behaviour must change!

Microsoft! Anybody home! Are you listening!!!!!

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Total weird, my wife have data sense in her white unlocked 920, I don't on my black unlocked 920. Same carrier, same family plan. LOL

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So the only carrier that has gdr2 on a for sale device is T-Mobile,quit ******** until the carries don't have it

Sent from my RM-893 Lumia 925

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Total weird, my wife have data sense in her white unlocked 920, I don't on my black unlocked 920. Same carrier, same family plan. LOL

Do both devices also have the same product number? Do both devices have the same OS version? Could you check that?

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes exactly the same, exactly...
I do not know when she got the update, maybe mine will be in the following days....

Also you can't share it by clicking on it, only pin to home screen...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes exactly the same, exactly...
I do not know when she got the update, maybe mine will be in the following days....

Also you can't share it by clicking on it, only pin to home screen...

So she was updated to GDR2 but so far you have not been. Mystery solved. That isn't weird. GDR2 was stated to add Data Sense for some carriers.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

What carrier / region are you? I have an unlocked HTX 8x on O2 in the UK and following the GDR2 update, I still do not have DataSense. Also, does DataSense still show up when the SIM card is removed? Perhaps it only appears on new, native GDR2 devices.

I wonder if I reset my phone (it would finally allow me install Halo SA!) whether it might appear? I still want to know which carriers around the world are now officially supporting it besides Verizon. Does anyone know?

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
What carrier / region are you? I have an unlocked HTX 8x on O2 in the UK and following the GDR2 update, I still do not have DataSense. Also, does DataSense still show up when the SIM card is removed? Perhaps it only appears on new, native GDR2 devices.

I wonder if I reset my phone (it would finally allow me install Halo SA!) whether it might appear? I still want to know which carriers around the world are now officially supporting it besides Verizon. Does anyone know?

lol all i know is that Nokia counters should be updated and add all the features that data sense has except the compression then im good cuz Nokia counters is already a full package :p

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
exactly and then people say data sense does need a carrier to work which is total bs ;)

No that's not the point the point is that some carriers on their systems wont activate data sense and it wont work on their system whether your phone is locked or unlocked the system blocks it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo