Other Storage recovered (unintentionally). Here's what I might have done...

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I was having trouble with the Other Storage racking up to 5GB on my L920. Autoupload to SkyD off.
It has been building slowly for a few months.

However I just checked recently to see if it reached 10GB yet (I usually avoid because I hate seeing it rack up).
Surprise surprise it was down to 2GB.

I've been checking to see what changed this. Here are the things I can remember that I did the last 2 weeks which could lead to this result..

- Connected to PC to organize photos, but non were deleted from my 920.
- Deleted some Offline maps (under 200mb in size)
- Updated WhatsApp (In Storage Check it still marks around 700mb used)
- Installed / uninstalled a couple Xbox games
- SkyDrive photo folders renamed / recreated. (was trying to solve the Album cover issue in photohub)

I've always had an impression that the Other Storage racked up with Photos, and there are few articles that suggest the same.
I didn't delete any photos
HOWEVER, I did cut and paste VIDEOS from 920 to PC, which basically means i deleted it from my 920. I don't remember checking storage after that to see the difference, so I am not sure now if this helped reduce 3GB from my Other storage.

I think it could be worth a try if your videos are not top priority to be on your phone.
You can keep your photos, but you can try transferring videos to your PC.

I never had an impression that it could be video since Photos dominate my library and although it may not be the main case for this critical bug, it MIGHT help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720