GDR2 update for Lumia 920 and 520 Hitting Australia in August 14

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I never understood the over excitement of GDR2 and 3 updates. They're just fixes and slight updates. Nothing special about them at all. The Nokia Amber update adds a couple of nice features but that's about it, again, nothing too special.

FM radio is a nice feature but I personally find it pointless, I never used it and basically can't use it due to interference at work and during travel to work. Get me DAB reception and that would have been something. Having FM transmitter would have been nice but obviously that's something they don't want to promote anymore. I know that lots of people are into FM radio so I think it's important, just not to me.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I never understood the over excitement of GDR2 and 3 updates. They're just fixes and slight updates. Nothing special about them at all. The Nokia Amber update adds a couple of nice features but that's about it, again, nothing too special.

FM radio is a nice feature but I personally find it pointless, I never used it and basically can't use it due to interference at work and during travel to work. Get me DAB reception and that would have been something. Having FM transmitter would have been nice but obviously that's something they don't want to promote anymore. I know that lots of people are into FM radio so I think it's important, just not to me.

me either, nothing here to be excited about. BTW, the update was really slow to take place

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Any info on a rollout schedule for a Lumia 820 unlocked and unbranded, using a Vodafone sim?

I know it's not much of an update, but still excited about getting it, actually the Nokia update sounds pretty good. I do wish the update could be more substantial, especially given the time between this and the last update. Would prefer to get an update and notice a few extra things.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Not surprised it taking some time to update. They needed to fix a few things I think. What phone do you have?

<<< click on my avatar, bro :D

//there's a rumor on the verge confirm that the delay was caused by a serious bug that have affected all the updates. Don't know it's true or not but what's happening now really make me confused about the future for our platform. I hope MSFT will be hurried more to compete in this Q3.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

FM radio isn't an addition, it's already there in WP7. MS is just bringing it back,so no new feature in GDR 2. Amber update will bring some features but not this GDRs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Never thought I'd see a day where people are getting pissy over a rollout of an update that improves the experience and makes the OS better.

Yikes, people really are hard to please.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Sucks that the online Windows Phone community is being taken over by whiners.

Exactly!!!

WP Central is full of whiny comments from people who can't setup and use their phones properly. MS and Nokia are to blame for everything according to them.

Very boring!!!!!!!

anyacooool

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The thing that an OS vendor is giving updates itself is exciting enough....till now only Android kept us up to date with the latest latest, IOS always does it for a heavy price.......BB is stuck up and does not update older devices......so al the excitement is about getting something better on exising devices.

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When GDR2 & Amber arrive you guys can have it first. I'll wait a few weeks just in case some glitches come along
muwhahahahaa

abzopatz

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
someone please answer this question please!!!!!!!!!

Since the 920 doesnt have an amoled display will the always on screen feature work or not? or will it not be there at all ?

i also read that FM radio will not come to 920? why ?

i own a 920... need to know....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad