Phone Storage Categories

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
So this has nothing to do with the "other" storage dilemma. But if you go to settings>phone storage, and click on the progress bar and the list of storage categories comes up, I noticed since day 1 with my Verizon 8x that under apps, it states "0 bytes", and I have a ton of apps. Any ideas as to why this is? Also, I have hard reset my phone once b4, and it did this b4 and after.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. I just checked my 920 and it shows 934MB for apps. Is that the only thing that shows 0 bytes?

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I had this very same condition (HTC 8X) awhile back. I corrected it via a hard reset I believe...but then you've already tried that right? Maybe try a hard reset again? It only happened one instance...zero bytes showing for Apps even tho lots of apps installed. Coincidentally the overall storage seemed to add up correct if I remember right. I just remember it being a really wierd situation....but the hard reset resolved it for me (if I'm remembering correctly)

There might be a thread on this here somewhere reflecting other users experiences? Maybe a search would turn that up.

Good luck

Edit to add...
Ok found the thread in this same WP8 forum (and I had posted in it so that's why it was familiar lol) And yes a hard reset did fix it for me. From the thread's OP's screen shots It does look like the storage numbers don't add up (app numbers making up the difference?) contrary to what I remembered and stated just above here.

From April of this year (2013), here's the thread:

Last edited:

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this very same condition (HTC 8X) awhile back. I corrected it via a hard reset I believe...but then you've already tried that right? Maybe try a hard reset again? It only happened one instance...zero bytes showing for Apps even tho lots of apps installed. Coincidentally the overall storage seemed to add up correct if I remember right. I just remember it being a really wierd situation....but the hard reset resolved it for me (if I'm remembering correctly)

There might be a thread on this here somewhere reflecting other users experiences? Maybe a search would turn that up.

Good luck

Edit to add...
Ok found the thread in this same WP8 forum (and I had posted in it so that's why it was familiar lol) And yes a hard reset did fix it for me. From the thread's OP's screen shots It does look like the storage numbers don't add up (app numbers making up the difference?) contrary to what I remembered and stated just above here.

From April of this year (2013), here's the thread:

Thanx, I'll check it out, but all the other numbers seem to add up to the correct amount. it's as if the amount of storage for apps is just being registered in one of the other categories (my suspicion is "Other")

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon