Pressing the Search button to search for apps update manually?

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone verify that this will work? Because I can only try it the next day as the phone only check for updates once in a day (assuming it doesn't fail the update check).
My phone hasn't been able to receive apps update notification (again) for a week now. So just now when I was looking for the new app updates by clicking on the apps one by one, then I went back to the Store Main page and under the Updates section, For example: 5 updates, I click on that, after that I accidentally pressed the Search button. When you click the Search button, it will redirect you to the Bing Search. When I returned to the Apps Update section, all of sudden I see 25 updates. It would be awesome if this is the manual way to search for the apps update by pressing the Search button.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The only thing the search button does is load the bing search.
Exactly, when I pressed the Search button, it launched the Bing Search. But when I returned to the Update section, all of sudden it showed 25 updates. Maybe it is just a one time occasion. I can't prove it yet. When I want to test it on my friend's phone, his automatic apps updates works and he already updated all of them. So I can't get to the Update section.
However, based on my observation so far. After that occasion, not only did the automatic apps updates work again, but also the time it checks for update also changed.
Before this, my phone will check for updates between 1 a.m. - 6 a.m. (My local time). Now, my phone will check the updates at around 5.30 p.m. - 6 p.m. Just exactly around the time when I pressed the Search button.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So, my friend just confirmed to me that the method I asked him to try, works. He tested on Lumia 920 and Lumia 720. He pressed the Search button to change the update time to 9 p.m. And on his newly bought 720, since it's still new and haven't showed any installed apps update, when he pressed it, all of the updates showed up.

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean press the search button to change the update time to 9 p.m? I can't get this to work but I did just update some apps earlier today, maybe there aren't any updates.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean press the search button to change the update time to 9 p.m? I can't get this to work but I did just update some apps earlier today, maybe there aren't any updates.

Actually the best way to test this is when your phone suddenly not showing any apps update notification or if you know there is an app update, but the phone hasn't showed the update yet.
What I meant was, for example, your phone not showing any apps update. So you go to the app that you know there is an update, when you click on the app in the Store, it will show Update on the below. But you don't update the app first. Go back to the Store main page, it will show for example, if you have checked for two apps, it will show 2 updates
So click on the 2 updates, then you will see the app updates section where it will show the 2 apps that have update. Then, you press the Search , of course it will redirect you to the Bing Search. But you just go back to that previous page, if there's any apps update for your other apps, it will show up. Let's say, if you press the Search button at 8 p.m., the next day the phone will check for the updates at that time as well. So if there's any app updates, the next day, it will show up at 8 p.m.
If I'm not that clear, just let me know, I will try to capture some screen shot on what I did.

Last edited:

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That makes more sense, I'll try it out next time there is an update waiting. I usually have updates waiting when i wake up so I guess mine checks at some point over night.

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had no updates shown in store. I search for 6sec app as i knew i had it pending but it wasn't showing in store. So going back showed me "1 update". I clicked search button , saw bing background , went back , there was only one update. I then searched for 7 minute workout app and it too had an update pending , so this didn't work for sure. I then again tried going to bing search , but it didn't change this number , i can't say if it worked 2nd time or not coz idk if i have any other app pending to be updated.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
This method doesn't work for me. Yesterday there was an update for Nexgen Reader and I tried forcing the Store to show it by pressing the Search button, but nothing changed. I too have doubts about this method. :)

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not working for me. Had a viber update showing and knew there was the bbc mobile news app update in the store, which wasn't showing. Tried your technique numerous times throughout the day yesterday with no luck. And then this morning it showed there was an update for that and another app. So I'm sorry but it doesn't work for me.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm so sorry, guys. I tried again today, and it doesn't work :unhappysweat:. Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that mine and my friend worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)