Phone is running sluggish and battery drains

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an 822 and lately the phone has been running very sluggish when trying to type txt's it takes some time to display what I type and also have noticed that some Xbox games freeze for a second or two at times.

Also the last couple of weeks my battery seems to drain real quick. Even with my phone plugged into my car charger just playing a podcast it seems to barely charge my phone, and even when I just have the phone not charging or doing anything the battery seems to drain multiple digits in a hour or so. Also I have noticed when the phone gets to either 30 or 40% battery left shortly after I get the low battery notice.

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I was planning on getting an 820 too for my wife. Maybe I should just wait for the 1020 to come to Canada and then I'll give her my 920.

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I was planning on getting an 820 too for my wife. Maybe I should just wait for the 1020 to come to Canada and then I'll give her my 920.

There could be many reasons why the phone turned sluggish, probably a reset might solve the problem.

I do not think it is related to the hardware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking of a hard reset but I don't want to lose all my save game data. Will have to try and knock out the ones I am working on and then do that if it does not improve esp since I have almost 7 Gb of other

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yea I have done more than one and also pulled the battery out. I also have some apps and even pinned emails taking longer to load up at times.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Usually a reset or battery pull fixes any weird battery issues for me. Although I have to say, I haven't had many. Maybe a hard reset? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

GadgetTron

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I know that a "Battery Pull" is the typical response for old/ android phones; however I would be cautious and only use it as the VERY last resort with a Windows Phone.

Battery: making it last | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

See the "WARNING" at the bottom of the screen:
"Do not remove or replace the battery when the phone is turned on."

How accurate or dangerous is it? No idea, however if it's on the Windows Phone website it might be worth considering. :smile:

Perhaps try some of these methods and see if it helps out?
Your Windows Phone 8 doesn't work or respond as expected

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an 822 and lately the phone has been running very sluggish when trying to type txt's it takes some time to display what I type and also have noticed that some Xbox games freeze for a second or two at times.

Also the last couple of weeks my battery seems to drain real quick. Even with my phone plugged into my car charger just playing a podcast it seems to barely charge my phone, and even when I just have the phone not charging or doing anything the battery seems to drain multiple digits in a hour or so. Also I have noticed when the phone gets to either 30 or 40% battery left shortly after I get the low battery notice.
My 810 just started doing the same thing. Never had an issue previously. I went through all the normal stuff, stop background tasks, uninstall various apps, etc. Even my battery app kept showing rapid discharges when I wasn't using the phone.

Yesterday I just threw caution into the wind and reset the phone. It's doing a lot better now.

The only issue I had was for some reason when prompted to restore the settings I had 2 backup images to choose from. One was several months old, the other was the current. I tried restoring the old one, then trying to delete it. Reset again, but the old one was still there, and the one I wanted to keep was gone. Do'h!!!! Ended up resetting again and not restoring anything, really taking it back to factory. Went to windowsphone.com logged in, and pushed the apps that I wanted from my purchased list to the phone. But yea... all the games lost their position :(

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
That sucks man. My battery still seems to be draining fairly quickly. I am wondering if it is from heavy txting and gaming the last couple of months.

I have been able to have the phone no longer be sluggish. Only thing I can think of is that I recently upgraded the shrink shortage app and tried using the new feature to allow it to allocate memory to the app which could be freed up later. I changed that and then did a fill up and empty with it. I did also delete a handful of games, but I am leaning towards the shrink app as I had the games installed for a while with no issue. It seems to be running as normal now.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Try the Battery App I linked to above. It gives a nice graph of battery discharge/charge. Looking at it you should be able to see when you are using the device (steep slope discharge) and when you're not. If the graph doesn't flatten out when you're not using, then you have an issue, and might want start deleting apps, changing config, and last resort reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon