Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes
  1.    #1  
    hi created a concept ui that hopefully would be utilized in future wp os. hehehehe please check it out. hope you like it. here are some screenshots, but they are not complete. please check out my video to see the complete ui. :)
    windows.jpg

here is the video i created:
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    jmshub, Jazmac, snowmutt and 42 others like this.

Global Posts
    4,046 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Interesting concept impressively thought through. Personally I'd rather have the notification centre to the left of the main screen rather than to the right. I also think the concept has too many bars and adjustments for the 'volume profile' screen when you press volume up or down - the idea is great and needed but I think the presentation of it could be better. I'm interested in the idea of making the live tile for music have controls on it, but that kind of makes the top volume down screen a bit redundant. I'm not sure you need the Blackberry-esque peeking notification centre - we already have one of those in the form of the start screen - plus you already made provision for this in the 'task manager'. Either way, the idea of interactive live tiles stands out and has some good potential. The start screen itself seems a little busy but I like the idea of having a bit more information available at a glance.

The idea of splitting apps across the screen, and making the OS work in landscape are great features and at least one of them is highly requested. Swiping down to close and app is a brilliant idea and goes along with their other OS's (RT, Windows 8 etc)

You've clearly done a lot of research - local search, coloured windows logo, volume profiles, 'snap' function. One of the best thought-through concepts I've seen. Some ideas are brilliant extensions of what we already see and I'd love to see them implemented. Nice work.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Very well thought out concept. Just tweeted the youtube link to joe belfiore and ben rudolph. Really hope they contact you ;) or atleast pick a few things from your design.
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt likes this.

Great concept.
    Some good ideas, but too polluted lock screen. And I don't think Windows Phone needs a notifications center. Live tiles concept make a good job.

Really cool ideas.

great concepts.. even I was thinking other day interactive tile controls is really important idea.

Wow, nice work!

That is where its at! Looks great.
    I like many of the ideas (particularly the new ones), but not the execution. The UI has become far too polluted and too cumbersome. For example, why make me go through three clicks before I can change the volume? Also, some of the gestures would interfere with existing apps, not to mention that many wouldn't be discoverable without reading a manual.

As is, this would turn me off WP.

However, I think with some refinement, unification and simplification, a lot of these ideas have great potential.

Offering flexible and powerful features while keeping the UI simple is hard. I don't think you've nailed it, but I love your creativity.

This looks really good! I still think buttons on screen are ugly though, but shouldn't the normal touch keys also work with gestures? I think so..

Holy hell. Made me and wife want to email Microsoft and get you in a visual representation job.
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    1,459 Global Posts
    i think that was very well done...ive seen some cool concepts but this is by far my fav of them all!!
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2
    Thanked by:
    Jumoke Bolanle likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    One word "Superb"

One word "HELL NO" ...ooops that was two..dont want to be a troll but its just way too cumbersome...youve made a Frankenstein android/wp UI and it doesn't work. Having said that I do like some ideas like the app groups and buttons on some tiles to control them right on the homescreen but those aren't original ideas you came up with.

I would like a full notification center sorted by time - something like "missed calls", but for all app notifications. Accesable by swiping to the right, so opposite of "all apps" view. Second, i would like a control center that controls music, bluetooth, brightness etc. by swiping from the top. I like your bing improvements. But i don't think things like app side-by-side, switching by swiping or closing by swiping are realistic or needed. Also the more tiles on the startscreen, i know they are optimized for bigger screens, but for these form factors there is Windows 8 with >7" support in Windows 8.1

I like many of the ideas though think a few over-complicate things. The notification center idea is nice, as well as closing apps. Split screen interesting though don't know how practical. Folders needed and optional other sorting on apps list. Well presented.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I'd buy that for a dollar!!!!

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I think the quick launch is a little much. I do like the gestures and other Windows 8-esque features.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekyal View Post
    I like many of the ideas though think a few over-complicate things. The notification center idea is nice, as well as closing apps. Split screen interesting though don't know how practical. Folders needed and optional other sorting on apps list. Well presented.
    Actually, I think the split screen might be useful. Especially if your posting to a blog, website or writing an email and need to spell or fact check something.
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'd buy that phone, very nice for geeks, but maybe too many options for the average consumer.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Great work.! the swipe down to close is a must to bring the Mobile and Desktop OS experience to a consistent UI
    Even more amazing is that you used PowerPoint to build that video. Who knew you could do that - Impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedrick View Post
    Actually, I think the split screen might be useful. Especially if your posting to a blog, website or writing an email and need to spell or fact check something.
    I don't see it being useful at all. Quite the opposite actually:

• One app will always have parts of its UI hidden (as it is forced out the bottom of the screen), rendering it useless if the hidden part contains important controls.
    • If the two apps both include a vertically scrollable content area, then panning becomes an ambiguous gesture. Does the user want to scroll the content area, or does the user want to scroll the hidden part of the lower app back into view so it can be used as intended?
    • How do app-bars fit into this split screen concept (the buttons at the bottom of the display), if both apps employ one?
    • Regarding your example: Why is the split screen better then task-switching into (i.e.) Wikipedia and then switching back into your blogging app (particularly if that would be possible using a swipe-from-left-edge gesture, as shown in the video, and championed by Windows RT). The split screen takes longer to setup and forces me to sacrifice screen real-estate and usability, on a device where screen real-estate is already quite limited as is.

Of course, many of these problems can be avoided by limiting this feature to specific apps, that are explicitly developed to make use of multi-windowing while avoiding the pitfalls. In fact, that is exactly how Samsung has dealt with these problems using their flavour of Android and TouchWiz. WP would need to do the same, meaning the feature would be very limited in its applicability from the outset.

IMHO WP lacks a million other features that would be far more useful and important than multi-windowing, which even most Android users agree is largely a gimmick. I think the OP is trying too hard to copy Samsung.
    Last edited by a5cent; 07-22-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    IMHO WP lacks a million other features that would be far more useful and important than multi-windowing.
    Like what a5cent?
    Quote Originally Posted by psudotechzealot View Post
    Like what a5cent?
    Instead of detailing my own wishes (which diverge somewhat from what most of the WP community wants and would be slightly off-topic in this thread), I'll just refer you to this thread, where AngryNil assembled a list of the WPC communities' most wanted features for WP8.

I would consider most of the items on that list far more important than support for multi-windowing (which as you can see nobody thought was worth mentioning).
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast