How can I import pics from a memory card with no slot?

Ray Metz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I want to take pics with my DSLR and transfer them to my Windows 8 phone out in the field. My HTC 8X doesn't have a memory card slot though. Is there any way to get pics from a memory card into my phone without using a PC? Is there a USB accessory that lets me access external memory(microSD, SD, or CompactFlash is fine) from my phone? Is there a Bluetooth or WiFi device I can plug my memory card into and then let the phone read it wirelessly? Any other way to do it without a PC? I don't want to have to bring a laptop along just to upload pics from my DSLR to Facebook. I hope my Windows Phone can do this alone.

I do have a Surface RT. That would be lighter than a laptop, but I want to use my phone only if possible.

Ray

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
You could get an Eye-Fi card for your dslr. It creates its own wireless network for transfer. However, at this time they only have android and iOS apps available. They do have a web portal available as well, but I don't know if you could access it with the RT. Perhaps if you bring up the web portal on the phone you might be able to do it that way for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven