Friend says "Windows Phone is a worthless OS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
My friend said Windows Phone is worthless than Android, it has ugly UI, most apps on Marketplace was paid, easily bricked, and other. Meanwhile Android according to my friend it has best UI, much free apps on store, and popular means good.

I hate their opinion because they only looking at appearance, not at function. They dissimulation use an Android phone with very nice UI but they doesn't understand how to use them.

Please how to tell the WP advantage to my noobish friend because I want to buy Lumia 625 (or not 620) but I am worry if it was hurting relationship to my friend.

Sorry for my bad English, I can't thinking them so good.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re: Friend says "Windows Phone is a worthless OS"

If you want a Windows Phone, and a Windows Phone is useful to you, why does it matter what your friend thinks?

If this person is a true friend, he/she will respect you for who you are, not what phone you own.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

You can't worry about someone else's opinion. Purchase what makes you happy, and not worry about having to defend how you spend YOUR money

Sent from something UHMAYZING using Tapatalk

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

The beauty/ugly is subjective. I like minimalist Modern/Metro UI more than that of Android. It's an opinion just like how the hardware look. I like the beauty of back of HTC One the most. I like overall Xperia look the most. The 920 is not the best looking phone out there but to my liking, it look pretty good.

The app in google play and in cydia store are more useful and free but that come with security flaws. I would prefer a more secure system anytime.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Android has better UI? No, no, and no. Of all things your friend picks the worst part about Android to boast about.

WP has a much simpler and more consistent UI.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

There are many free apps. As far as the look between Android and WP it is a personal preference. To me the live tiles are more useful that the widgets in android.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

In your situation I would be thinking more about a friend-upgrade rather than a phone-upgrade (just kidding).

The user interface's of Android and its apps are an inconsistent, nervous mess. Every app looks and feels different. WP's user interface is a strength, but you'll never know or understand this without having used it first. Images on the web don't do it justice.

Woz: Windows Phone is 'beautiful,' Android 'no contest,' still loves iPhone, ask again tomorrow

Lets keep it real. There is an enthusiast market that appreciates the power of Android, but 80% of Android's success it owes to being cheap.

Last edited:

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

I've found plenty of good free apps.

Check out this article if you are worried about 512MB WP. Have a Windows Phone with 512MB RAM? Report shows you can enjoy 99% of apps and games | Windows Phone Central

That's misleading. This is not purely a numbers game. The 1% of apps that require 1 GB or above are also likely to be those that one would want the most - top games, graphically rich apps etc. Let's see data on which of WP's top 10 games will run on 512 MB.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's misleading. This is not purely a numbers game. The 1% of apps that require 1 GB or above are also likely to be those that one would want the most - top games, graphically rich apps etc. Let's see data on which of WP's top 10 games will run on 512 MB.
I wouldn't say it's misleading. Not all users want games. Many users are more interested in apps that are not games.

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
If you want a Windows Phone, get a Windows Phone. Half of my friends have iPhones or Android phones and that never stopped me from getting a Windows Phone. His knowledge of WP is WAYYYYY off. Maybe you should teach him a thing or two about WP. My friends are always surprised when I show them some of the features my phone has. They are like "Wow that's cool!" or "Can I get that app?" lol.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

There some good apps that are paid and free.

I own a 512MB device, and it's worth it. 99% of apps are usable with the 512MB devices on the WP store, they are a great device and do their job as well as the 920/925/928 and 1020! :)

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

i don't think so...buying a budget phone and expecting it to run those top 3D heavy games is kinda stupid lol

this is not like Android, where pplz are happy to have top games running buggy and laggy on their cheap phone!

no one should buy a budget phone expecting it to run each and every app/game!

but i do recommend 620/625 if you're on a tight budget...my 620 has never failed me!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

People forget that there are trial versions with a lot of paid games and apps

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

People forget that there are trial versions with a lot of paid games and apps

TThat's right! You can actually try some of the paid apps before you buy, that way its easier to make a decision, something that's not available on the competitors OS.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Never depend on other's opinions. Go search/try yourself to see if wp is a worhless OS.
I changed to wp8 mostly because of Nokia. I havent a Nokia phone since the beast E71 and i had enough with those samsung and sony devices. But in the end, wp is a well made, smooth os that cover most of my needs, not a single crash after 3 weeks of heavy use. Everything runs great (except fb notifications which i dont care tbh). There are some things that missing, and i hope that MS eventually will add them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss