Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    My friend said Windows Phone is worthless than Android, it has ugly UI, most apps on Marketplace was paid, easily bricked, and other. Meanwhile Android according to my friend it has best UI, much free apps on store, and popular means good.

I hate their opinion because they only looking at appearance, not at function. They dissimulation use an Android phone with very nice UI but they doesn't understand how to use them.

Please how to tell the WP advantage to my noobish friend because I want to buy Lumia 625 (or not 620) but I am worry if it was hurting relationship to my friend.

Sorry for my bad English, I can't thinking them so good.
    If you want a Windows Phone, and a Windows Phone is useful to you, why does it matter what your friend thinks?

If this person is a true friend, he/she will respect you for who you are, not what phone you own.
    Thanked by:

Tell him, no.
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    You can't worry about someone else's opinion. Purchase what makes you happy, and not worry about having to defend how you spend YOUR money

Sent from something UHMAYZING using Tapatalk
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Thanked by:
    Jazmac likes this.

The beauty/ugly is subjective. I like minimalist Modern/Metro UI more than that of Android. It's an opinion just like how the hardware look. I like the beauty of back of HTC One the most. I like overall Xperia look the most. The 920 is not the best looking phone out there but to my liking, it look pretty good.

The app in google play and in cydia store are more useful and free but that come with security flaws. I would prefer a more secure system anytime.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    More question:

Is WP apps mostly paid?

Are 512MB WP smartphone really worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by frenzyvanrafi View Post
    More question:

Is WP apps mostly paid?

Are 512MB WP smartphone really worth it?
    I've found plenty of good free apps.

Check out this article if you are worried about 512MB WP. Have a Windows Phone with 512MB RAM? Report shows you can enjoy 99% of apps and games | Windows Phone Central
    Jazmac likes this.

Android has better UI? No, no, and no. Of all things your friend picks the worst part about Android to boast about.

WP has a much simpler and more consistent UI.
    Thanked by:

There are many free apps. As far as the look between Android and WP it is a personal preference. To me the live tiles are more useful that the widgets in android.
    Thanked by:
    In your situation I would be thinking more about a friend-upgrade rather than a phone-upgrade (just kidding).

The user interface's of Android and its apps are an inconsistent, nervous mess. Every app looks and feels different. WP's user interface is a strength, but you'll never know or understand this without having used it first. Images on the web don't do it justice.

Woz: Windows Phone is 'beautiful,' Android 'no contest,' still loves iPhone, ask again tomorrow

Lets keep it real. There is an enthusiast market that appreciates the power of Android, but 80% of Android's success it owes to being cheap.
    Last edited by a5cent; 07-25-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    I've found plenty of good free apps.

Check out this article if you are worried about 512MB WP. Have a Windows Phone with 512MB RAM? Report shows you can enjoy 99% of apps and games | Windows Phone Central
    That's misleading. This is not purely a numbers game. The 1% of apps that require 1 GB or above are also likely to be those that one would want the most - top games, graphically rich apps etc. Let's see data on which of WP's top 10 games will run on 512 MB.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag1986 View Post
    That's misleading. This is not purely a numbers game. The 1% of apps that require 1 GB or above are also likely to be those that one would want the most - top games, graphically rich apps etc. Let's see data on which of WP's top 10 games will run on 512 MB.
    I wouldn't say it's misleading. Not all users want games. Many users are more interested in apps that are not games.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    In your situation I would be thinking more about a friend-upgrade rather than a phone-upgrade (just kidding).
    Lol

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom At Last View Post
    Lol
    Personally I don't think this is funny, a5cent has a point there. A smartphone OS really shouldn't define a friendship.

Well to be honest, his post made me laugh too...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    If you want a Windows Phone, get a Windows Phone. Half of my friends have iPhones or Android phones and that never stopped me from getting a Windows Phone. His knowledge of WP is WAYYYYY off. Maybe you should teach him a thing or two about WP. My friends are always surprised when I show them some of the features my phone has. They are like "Wow that's cool!" or "Can I get that app?" lol.
    airwolf878 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,742 Global Posts
    There some good apps that are paid and free.

I own a 512MB device, and it's worth it. 99% of apps are usable with the 512MB devices on the WP store, they are a great device and do their job as well as the 920/925/928 and 1020! :)
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
    budney and Laura Knotek like this.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ag1986 View Post
    i don't think so...buying a budget phone and expecting it to run those top 3D heavy games is kinda stupid lol

this is not like Android, where pplz are happy to have top games running buggy and laggy on their cheap phone!

no one should buy a budget phone expecting it to run each and every app/game!

but i do recommend 620/625 if you're on a tight budget...my 620 has never failed me!

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    People forget that there are trial versions with a lot of paid games and apps

Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    People forget that there are trial versions with a lot of paid games and apps

TThat's right! You can actually try some of the paid apps before you buy, that way its easier to make a decision, something that's not available on the competitors OS.

Never depend on other's opinions. Go search/try yourself to see if wp is a worhless OS.
    I changed to wp8 mostly because of Nokia. I havent a Nokia phone since the beast E71 and i had enough with those samsung and sony devices. But in the end, wp is a well made, smooth os that cover most of my needs, not a single crash after 3 weeks of heavy use. Everything runs great (except fb notifications which i dont care tbh). There are some things that missing, and i hope that MS eventually will add them.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Oh wait! I thought Android is the one with the ugly UI! I think Windows Phone is beautiful.

Friends don't let friends buy Android.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Oh wait! My friend said playing games on WP was less reliable. but it's not true for me. Is it not true for you?

Which is better? 512MB RAM Windows Phone or 1GB Android? I saw WP run smoothly than Android. Is it right?

I think that 512 MB WP is as good as 1 GB android.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frenzyvanrafi View Post
    Oh wait! My friend said playing games on WP was less reliable. but it's not true for me. Is it not true for you?

Which is better? 512MB RAM Windows Phone or 1GB Android? I saw WP run smoothly than Android. Is it right?
    yep its true WP does run much much smoother than android on 512mb ram
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    snowmutt likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast