Other storage news ?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That good if it fixed in GDR2 just have to wait till it released for the other devices, my other storage has a mind of it own.

Last edited:

Forc3

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
relax. there is an easy way to determine your other storage. first of all, the other storage contains Map Data, SMS, Email, pictures and app install packages, keyboard suggestions,
tell me language packs etc..
You need to ask yourself those questions:
How much MapData do I have installed?
Depends on what Maps you downloaded 45Mb-5 Gb is possible.
Have I Integrated Facebook?
This Is something many People tend to forget, all those Facebook picture albums are beeing saved onto the phone! (500 Mb, ~130+ pictures on my phone)
Skydrive sync?
Srsly I dont know if this bug has been fixed. If not => Skydrive folder sawp trick and resync.

Sum up all those Megs and Gigs and compare it to your other storage (keep in mind the system uses about 465 Mb of Other storage by default.)
the size should be about the same size 200+ Mb is okay.

People tend to overreact even.it is there own fault sometimes. (Keep in mind Im talking about post GDR2)

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
This link was posted by ChanCoolUK: Reducing the Ever-Growing Other Storage on Windows Phone | Pocketnow
in the thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/233376-other-storage-getting-out-control.html
I hope it works for you.

Question: if you connect your phone to your computer via USB, what do you see? Doesn't it appear as an extra device? If Yes, then you should be able to move through the different file folders and delete whatever is in Other Storage folder, correct? Although, you may have to change the folder settings to display "Hidden" or "System" folders in order to see the Other Storage Folder. I'm curious to know because I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Lumia 928 purchase. Good Luck & Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss