Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Just got my 1020, whats the best internet browser? I like the I.E. but hate the back button issue, anyone suggest any other browsers???
    Thanks
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Not many options. Besides IE there is UC Browser and Nokia Express offhand.

Back button issue can easily be tacled ...... Go to option for new tab ..... Close ALL active tabs..... Now by default a new tab will open...... NOW PRESS THE BACK BUTTON AND EXIT IE
    husfus likes this.

In think the best one beside the IE is the UC Browser

if you mean having to tap back too often to ""exit"" the browser, just click the windows button, start IE from app list (or, if you have it pinned, from the tile) and click back ONCE. It'll quit while saving your tabs for when you start it again
    marky_yo likes this.
    Or just tap the start button and put the phone in your pocket. There's no issue with the back button - it works exactly as intended.
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...dont-need.html
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    marky_yo likes this.

I stick to IE most of the time.

UC browser ain't bad but I find it tends to save some cookies even if you clear your cache or browse in private mode.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Or just tap the start button and put the phone in your pocket. There's no issue with the back button - it works exactly as intended.
    Sorry sorta lost....start button??? I read your other post, I am new wp8, but don't get what u mean by a start button....could you clarify?? Thank you!!! I really appreciate it! :)
    the start button is the windows button, to the right of the back button. When you press it, it takes you to the start screen.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Internet Explorer 10
    UC Browser 3

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    yep, that's why I put the word exit in double brackets :P But still, a lot of people still believe it will drain their battery or they just want to have the task switcher empty.

Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    If you're stuck on EDGE, Nokia XPress is the best option. Heck, it even works fine on GPRS! The downside is the lack of a desktop mode, so you can't take advantage of its WebKit roots.
    UC Browser is one with more features, but I find that it falls victim to many bugs.
    IE10, however, is the simplest to use and is close to the Win8 metro version.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Sorry to join in, didn't want to make a whole new thread. Is there a browser out there with an orientation lock? I hate using Internet Explorer when in bed and laying down as it always rotates! I have to hold my phone weird and sometimes my hand hurts.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King Benneth View Post
    Sorry to join in, didn't want to make a whole new thread. Is there a browser out there with an orientation lock? I hate using Internet Explorer when in bed and laying down as it always rotates! I have to hold my phone weird and sometimes my hand hurts.
    UC Browser

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    SurfCube for WP8
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

this one right here
    Thanked by:

i miss opera mini browser :(
    xpress browser is slow though browsing is ok ..it takes time to load the app or switch between tabs.
    IE cant open two tabs at a time ...ffffffffffk
    uc browser crashes at times ..interface is better than IE n Xpress
    Developer

Go for surfcube3d browser
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna6233 View Post
    i miss opera mini browser :(
    xpress browser is slow though browsing is ok ..it takes time to load the app or switch between tabs.
    IE cant open two tabs at a time ...ffffffffffk
    uc browser crashes at times ..interface is better than IE n Xpress
    You seem to have issues with everything on your phone. I wish you used a little market research before jumping on a bandwagon. IE can open 6 tabs at a time, not just 2.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Other browser not speedier than IE so its fine.

Uc browser all the way.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    User Agent Switcher then change agent to iPad. It will play videos from websites or view full desktop version that UC and IE either can't or only load in mobile version.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/st...5-7998fe1ced6e
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It
    Thanked by:
    Developer

You can try Touch Browser. It got onscreen orientation lock - useful if you read while in bed, multiple tab support, select Google, Yahoo or Bing as your default search engines and full screen browsing, save pages for offline viewing and more..

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...touch-browser/

IE actually is the best browser IMO, just update to gdr3 and you can hit the back button and hit the X to close apps, IE is the fastest full browser for phones as far as i'm aware it beats all others that are capable of desktop versions, andi believe gdr3 has IE 11. That being said who cares if the app is closed? I never understood this it doesnt affect battery or operation of the phone in the slightest eventually it will close itself if you dont use it again.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Miller4 View Post
    IE actually is the best browser IMO, just update to gdr3 and you can hit the back button and hit the X to close apps, IE is the fastest full browser for phones as far as i'm aware it beats all others that are capable of desktop versions, andi believe gdr3 has IE 11. That being said who cares if the app is closed? I never understood this it doesnt affect battery or operation of the phone in the slightest eventually it will close itself if you dont use it again.
    I want to make sure I am correct, but now with GDR3, I can use the back button when going through webpages and not be kicked out of the app? That was the biggest frustration for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast