Hook Facebook chat to messaging hub make you always online. Do you like it?

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you open Facebook on the browser, there will be a green dot after your name and you friend will know you are online.

If you hook your Facebook account to iOS or Android, there will be a mobile icon after your name and your friend will know you are not online but you could respond to a chat.

If you hook your Facebook to WP8, your friend will see the green dot and think you are online.

Do you like it this way or IOS, android way?

For me, I prefer ios Android way. My friends on the other side of the world sometime send fb message to me when I sleep because they thought I am sitting in front of my computer. This is sometime annoying.

What about you?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
One of those things that I would never have noticed. I hardly use Facebook chat.

I agree with you though, assuming that is how it works for everyone.

des920

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I dont like the concept at all.

ME has no private messages nor chat, YOU miss the ability to see updates from other people. While messaging offers chat, it does has issues as you stated no one wants to be allways online not to mention that the service doesnt work (your messages not comming thro, missing push notifications, live tile doesnt updates,etc), and the People hub is just retarted while the Group feature should have been a standalone app. The worser part is actually the Contacts idea, you cant set a picture for your contact and those ones which are linked to facebook get the profile picture from there - it s a disgrace i cant belive they made it this stupid.

Also why would i go into my Photos gallery to see a photo stream from facebook? I bet those people were stoned as fook while they decided all this, Bill the Indica!

I mean, seriously they made 4 "apps" for a single thing which should be intergrated as one single application - DO IT LIKE GOOGLE DOES!

Peter Juras

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you set your chat status to 'Offline' though, doesn't it stop saying you're online 24/7?
Yes it does. But who wants to fiddle around with this stuff every day? I honestly dislike the always online thing, but I don't know if they even can do something about it from a technical perspective :/

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does. But who wants to fiddle around with this stuff every day? I honestly dislike the always online thing, but I don't know if they even can do something about it from a technical perspective :/

Yeah I get what you mean haha, I don't see why they can't just make it so that you appear offline when not in the app and online when you are in it, like other platforms do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3