Everyone i've recommended a WP8 Phone to endlessly complains!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just a pure fact of my life that is so annoying. I have at least two friend's, and two family members who switched from iPhones to WP8 phones based on my recommendations.

Now, ever since all they do is complain to me non stop about it all the time. They complain about the lack of apps, complain about missing Features the iPhone has, yada yadda yadda. One of them is even convinced that windows 8 phone has a bug that automatically turns the phone volume down. I know its just them accidentally holding the volume down button on their nokia 820 when they are on the phone....

Its so annoying because I love my WP8 phone and I'm sick listening to their crap and having to defend it constantly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Tell them to go back to what suits them. Ppl say WP is for kids and a kids toy but yet grown ppl can't even figure out how to work a toy. Very disappointing.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just a pure fact of my life that is so annoying. I have at least two friend's, and two family members who switched from iPhones to WP8 phones based on my recommendations.

Now, ever since all they do is complain to me non stop about it all the time. They complain about the lack of apps, complain about missing Features the iPhone has, yada yadda yadda. One of them is even convinced that windows 8 phone has a bug that automatically turns the phone volume down. I know its just them accidentally holding the volume down button on their nokia 820 when they are on the phone....

Its so annoying because I love my WP8 phone and I'm sick listening to their crap and having to defend it constantly.

No, because I generally don't recommend any OS to anyone, for this very reason. The person who did the recommending is by default responsible for any and all problems! I use Android, iPhone, and WP, and I like all of them (see my signature). I do have my preferences of course, but all 3 have their strengths and weaknesses. I would be especially hesitant to recommend WP due to the fact that it is newer and less mature than Android & iOS. If someone is coming from a feature phone and this is their first smartphone, they may not see WP's shortcomings. Someone switching from Android or iOS will certainly notice the things you mentioned.

If someone asks me for advice, I will sometimes make a recommendation after thoroughly grilling them on their use & requirements. Since I use all 3 OS's I am quite familiar with them.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Me and my mom (and hopefully my brother) are planning on switching to WPs in a few weeks (keeps getting delayed). However, every time I try to convince my stepdad it's: "but android has apps! I cannot live without my precious apps!"

Just use whatever you like, let them choose/go back to whatever platform they please if they miss it so much. Don't let their attacks get you down, WP is a great platform, I agree with you. Unbridled criticism of something you like and stand behind is irritating as heck, trust me, I know ("But Windoze has Virszes1111!!!1" "Well maybe that wouldn't be such a problem for you if you stopped downloading every executable you see.").

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This is why I don't recommend WP8 to people, I prefer they use it and test it before making a decision. In the end most people I know prefer the icon iPhone layout vs the windows layout.

Razdek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
WP is bedt for people that have never had a smart phone. For others the lack of apps and missing features makes it seem like an inferior phone and who can blame them. It's hard to recommend this phone to anyone except the die hard as there's better alternatives out there.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm the "tech guy" at work. I like to recommend the phones based on what they use on theirs. I watch them and then show them how it works on WP8. They almost always love it.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Just recently started working very near a T-Mo kiosk, I tell everyone about the 521, show my 8X how cool it is. The rep got one from the job, says she'd never have thought of getting a Windows phone before, but she LOVES it. She can't keep enough of them always selling out..

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
No, because I generally don't recommend any OS to anyone, for this very reason. The person who did the recommending is by default responsible for any and all problems! I use Android, iPhone, and WP, and I like all of them (see my signature). I do have my preferences of course, but all 3 have their strengths and weaknesses. I would be especially hesitant to recommend WP due to the fact that it is newer and less mature than Android & iOS. If someone is coming from a feature phone and this is their first smartphone, they may not see WP's shortcomings. Someone switching from Android or iOS will certainly notice the things you mentioned.

If someone asks me for advice, I will sometimes make a recommendation after thoroughly grilling them on their use & requirements. Since I use all 3 OS's I am quite familiar with them.

This is exactly how I am. I have a device for each of the three mobile OS options you listed and if someone asks me which they use I ask them a million and one questions so I can recommend the OS that'll suit their needs best, not the one I prefer to use.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Lets say your friend recommended the iPhone and lets say you ditched your WP8 phone (that you said you love) and got an iPhone and you began noticing many good things WP8 offered, missing on iOS. What would you do? Would you sing praises for iOS?

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm a multi is user. Lumia928 and note 2. I would never recommend one over the other. But after letting them mess around with each almost all go with android.my 928 is my personal phone and I love it. But unfortunately small features and certain apps that should be available OFFICIALLY are deal breakers for the majority. I see that most user here have no need for certain things. (notification, access to user files) it irritates me for people to act like I just don't know how to use the phone or this is a troll post.

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
WP is bedt for people that have never had a smart phone. For others the lack of apps and missing features makes it seem like an inferior phone and who can blame them. It's hard to recommend this phone to anyone except the die hard as there's better alternatives out there.

I call bunk on that.

I've owned an android. A so called "smart phone"

I prefer a Windows Phone 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Functionality over hype works best for me.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Same thing here on WP Central as well. Constant whining about 'lack of features' and no updates.
Just ignore it all and enjoy your phone. It works if you use it properly,as you've found. Cheers.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99